June 2015 Weddings

June 20, 2015

Are there any other 6/20/15 brides out there?  How far along in your planning are you?

Re: June 20, 2015

• edited October 2014

I am!!!!! We're getting married outside D.C. at my aunt and uncle's house. They have a huge backyard so I've got a couple rental companies that I've received quotes from and we're putting together a list of 3 or 4 caterers that we want to check out.

My FI and I don't live in the area so we're a little behind where we'd be if it were local, but I'm not stressing about it yet. I got my dress, but it won't be ready until January so I'm glad I did that earlier than I planned to. We have a rudimentary guest list put together, but won't be sending out STDs until December. Still need to find a photographer (that's next on the list) and a DJ. The rehearsal dinner will be fajitas and margaritas with a pool party and lawn games the night before at their house, so that's simple enough. I'm considering myself fairly low-key about the whole thing though, so I'm sure I'll start stressing out as it gets closer.

How about you? How did you chose the 20th?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married outside Philly.  We chose the 20th because we knew we wanted a June wedding.  We didn't get engaged until the last week of July and so many of our first choices were already booked.  I knew the photographer and Rabbi I wanted to use and they were only available on the 20th.  So then we found an amazing venue (Philadelphia Marriot West) and a great band.  I did get my dress but It wont be ready until April. In the next few week I'll go shopping with my bridesmaids.  Still have to find a veil, invitations, flowers and all the other little detail.

What are you colors?

• I'm from Bucks County originally. I've been to a wedding at the Marriott West, the staff there was wonderful. I won't be wearing a veil unless I do a birdcage style one, since my dress has an elaborate back that I don't want to cover up. haven't decided on flowers yet, but I have a few ideas for centerpieces.

We got engaged on June 20th of this year, so it worked out that it falls on a Saturday next year. Our colors are navy, blush, and cream. Yours?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad you liked it there!  I've only heard great things.  My colors are going to be silver and white with some bling.  My dress has an old hollywood feel (Soterro and  Midgley -- Simone) so I want to incorporate that into the wedding.  My mom really wants me to wear a cathedral length veil but I'm still unsure.
  • I love the look of the cathedral length veil for pictures. It makes everything more dramatic, which would be good for an old Hollywood style! That's a beautiful dress, I love the bling! Mine is the Iris by Claire Pettibone.

When are you sending out Save the Dates? I think we're going to send ours out in early December to try to avoid getting caught up in the Christmas card rush.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married that day! I can't believe how fast it's coming up.

We are getting married in Columbus and we are about to send out STDs out (many of our guests are from out of town)! 

We have our venue, I have my dress, I picked out invitations, I just finalized a DJ and photobooth.

Next on the list is thinking about centerpieces and flowers.

@Charlieyankee03 - Our colors are similar! Navy, Cream and gold accents 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Charlieyankee03 your dress is amazing!!  We aren't doing save the dates.  We let all of our VIPs know.
  • AmandaG622AmandaG622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014

My fiancé and I are actually getting married on Friday June 19th of 2015 :) The ceremony is at a church and the reception at a venue nearby. Our theme is Music & Memories because I'm a huge music lover and one of our favorite things to do is go to concerts. Some of our best memories have been at concerts, so I'm incorporating that into the décor and my ideas for the reception. The colors are more tropical/island, bright and colorful for summer. The bridesmaids dresses are blue (David's Bridal shade Malibu) and their shoes are Begonia/hot pink. The groomsman they stand up with will have a begonia tie and vest. The maid of honor's dress is begonia and she'll wear the Malibu colored shoes, so the best man's vest and tie will be Malibu. Our two ushers will be in a tangerine vest and tie to make them different. The two flower girls dresses will be begonia with Malibu shoes, and the ring bearer will have a Malibu vest and tie.

As far as the planning goes, we have the big stuff taken care of. We got engaged on July 4th of 2013 and I said I didn't want to be stressed out with the big stuff closer to the wedding, so I took care of it all early on. Church, venue, band, party bus, dresses, photographer, videographer, save the dates are all taken care of. And lots of ideas for the small stuff still left to do.

• I will marry the man of my dreams on June 20, 2015.  I have the church, venue, DJ, photographers my dress and the save-the-dates have been mailed.  I need to book a florist and find the perfect cake for my Mardi Gras themed wedding and tons of the small stuff need to be completed.
  • Another June 20, 2015 bride here! We have just recently become engaged, but the space we wanted was available and we can make it all work. We are getting married outside of Philadelphia as well, in Chadds Ford. I'm new to this site, so I look forward to getting to know other brides and also asking lots of questions haha!
  • Knottie98605341! Welcome to the site :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @OHBride85.  I really feel like i have no idea what I am doing on here, but I love it :)
  • Thanks @OHBride85.  I really feel like i have no idea what I am doing on here, but I love it :)
    You'll get used to it :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also getting married on 6/20/15. My fiance and I chose that date because it is our "anniversary" of when we began dating. We will have been together six years on our wedding day. We most vendors already reserved and save the dates were sent out at the beginning of October. We are working on picking out invites currently. I keep thinking I have so much time to keep planning, but I know June will be here before we know it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have less than 200 days!!!!!
  • I am getting married June 20th too! My fiance  and I picked a garden venue. Knowing how fast San Diego venues book up in June, I booked the venue last April! We have booked the officiant, photographer, videographer etc. Kind of just piecing together the small stuff now. & just sent out the save the dates. It is coming so fast! 
  • I am also a June 20th bride! I live in Nebraska but the wedding is in Michigan, where I am from. We have pretty much everything except the small stuff (bridesmaids & groomsmen attire, rehearsal dinner, finalizing centerpieces & decorations). 

Six months next week... coming up so fast!!
  • June 20, 2015 Bride here!  Just outside the Boston area, we are getting married at the outdoor gazebo at our reception venue!  I have my dress, my mom has hers, and my maid of honor has hers.  I am having purple, ivory and gold color scheme.  It's a night wedding so we went with the purple uplighting with the DJ.  We are having a family style meal because after our 5 minute short ceremony, we want to enjoy our guests and all nigh dancing!  Picked out our invitations and have already sent the save the dates months ago.  Getting ready to order the invites, register for gifts, cake taste and food taste soon!!  Good luck to all!!
  • 5 months from today!!!!!
  • Yay!!!! It's starting to feel very real! How are your plans coming along?

We have a photographer, DJ, officiant, and caterer. My dress was supposed to be ready this month but Claire Pettibone is running a bit behind so she emailed me (so cool to get an email from the actual designer) and said it will be ready in February. We have a contract with two hotel for room blocks and our STDs went out at the beginning of the month (a little later than I wanted but oh well). We're in the middle of working with the tent rental company for a contract and then all the big things will be set up. 

I still have to either pick invitations or decide if I want to take on the task of making them myself. Also, we need to get FI's suit picked out, work on our vows, and decide where we want to have our rehearsal dinner. 

Writing this made me feel equal parts of "wow, I've done a lot" and "omg, there's still so much to do!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just scheduled our cake and food tastings!  We picked out invites last week, but still need to design the programs, menu cards, out of town bags.  My girls ordered their dresses (Alfred Sung).  I just bought my shoes.  Waiting to set up a meeting with the band.  But all of our big stuff is out of the way!!
  • Double Digits!!!!
  • I'm looking forward to finally reading through the community posts.  I got engaged on January 22 and we are getting married June 20.  I decided that I wouldn't visit the community until I got at least halfway through the checklist.  Otherwise, I felt like I would hyperventilate because I had so much to do!  I've had a great breakthrough so let the chit chat begin.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards