New York-New York City

Has anyone used Blue Smoke [catering] for their wedding?

Hey guys,
I'm having my wedding at The Foundry and am considering Blue Smoke. The Foundry speaks volumes about them but I don't seem to find any reviews from other couples. If anyone knows about them, please share!

Re: Has anyone used Blue Smoke [catering] for their wedding?

• We've booked them for our wedding later this fall. What sold us was the impeccable service, which they are known for and we've always received at their restaurants. We also are foodies and enjoyed our post-booking tasting. There might be better bbq in the city, but we liked the upscale focus on farmer's market ingredients as well as fish option. The events manager has been incredible, and they are taking care of so many details beyond what I would have expected (very helpful since we don't have a wedding coordinator). The food prices are good, but don't forget to factor in rentals and staffing costs too since they up the total significantly. 
  • I was in a wedding at The Foundry that used Blue Smoke...like 3 days after Hurricane Sandy when everyone was flooded out, power was questionable, public transport wasn't running etc. Both vendors were amazing - the food from Blue Smoke was EXCELLENT and the catering team phenomenal - positive, helpful etc. Blue Smoke folks were great in the few days between the hurricane and the wedding at calming the bride and having a can-do/WILL-do attitude, allaying her concerns.  The Blue Smoke folks even offered rides in their truck to people who were stranded after the wedding.  Just nice folks with great food and service.
  • clagueclague member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    A follow up to my earlier post--we just had our wedding, and Blue Smoke was phenomenal. Far above and beyond what I expected right down to coordinating the day's events, timeline, setup, and clean up. Everyone raved about the food!
  • Ladies,

Thank you both very much for that input! You both just reinforced my decision with Blue Smoke! This was sooooo helpful! I'm excited to work with them! 

Clague,

I'm going to private message you if you don't mind!

xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards