Chit Chat
Options

I hate my ring- update in thread

mrsmagicgeekmrsmagicgeek member
5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
edited October 2014 in Chit Chat
Ok, not my engagement ring, I love that. I even like my wedding ring. I really hate them together though. I feel like a horrible person for saying that, but it's true. I keep hoping I'll get used to them but it's been over a month and I still don't like them together. I tried wearing them on different hands but my DH said he thought it looked like I wasn't married.

I realize that this is pretty whiny but it's really bugging me. Any suggestions?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I hate my ring- update in thread

• Options
    I'm not a fan of how they look together either. I like the idea of wearing them on separate hands but if you and your DH don't like that you can always look into getting a different wedding band.

• Options
    Yeah I would either wear the E ring on your right and band on your left (of course you'll look married; lots of people do this, or only wear a band) or get a new band and wear the current band on your right hand.

• Options
    Hmm.  I hate to say this, but I agree with you.  Both rings are lovely on their own but the styles are totally different.

Why not wear the wedding band on your left ring finger (so you look married), but do the European thing and wear the e-ring on your right hand?
    This is what I did. I didn't like the look of any set or band that would go with my E ring so I wear that on my right and got a completely different wedding band.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Yeah, I agree too that they look a bit weird together. They are both beautiful on their own, they just don't match each other.

Maybe wear the wedding band on your right hand, then get a plain silver tone (white gold, platinum, whatever) band to go with the e-ring.  That way you still get to wear both, and you get to have 2 rings on your left hand to still look married. You can pick up a simple band fairly cheap (Amazon has some cheap ones). 

Or you could always get the wedding band dipped/plated to match the e-ring. It would allow you to wear the original rings together and have them match better.  The wedding band won't have the look you originally chose, but it may be an acceptable concession if the current look bothers you.

• Options
    Random question- why did you get 2 that look so different together? Are they heirlooms? Are you against just getting a new wedding band?

I also don't like them together, but I like them apart. I would either wear them on different fingers or replace the wedding band.
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  I like both by themselves, but not together. 

I need to ask the obvious question, but please forgive me if I missed the answer in a previous post.  Did you go shopping for your wedding band where you were able to try them on together, your e-ring and wedding band?  Or did DH surprise you with the wedding band.

I would be honest with your husband.  I also suggest maybe getting a plain band that matches the gold tone of your ring.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    stacking bands is super popular now. have you thought of getting another band to go in-between them? you could do a bubble band or something that will add to the differentiation but might help make it feel more intentional.
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, her DH wanted them both to have moon-rock bands??? (I could be insane.)

I would probably have a sit-down with DH and ask him if people think he's not married just because he wears one ring. If he answers no, then I'd say that no one will think I'm not married if I only wear one ring. And then swap your e-ring over to your right hand.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, her DH wanted them both to have moon-rock bands??? (I could be insane.)

I would probably have a sit-down with DH and ask him if people think he's not married just because he wears one ring. If he answers no, then I'd say that no one will think I'm not married if I only wear one ring. And then swap your e-ring over to your right hand.
    My FI totally wants moon rock. Or maybe asteroid? Something from space. Luckily, he has not requested that I do the same... OP, I agree with others that you could wear the band on the left and e-ring on the right without looking unmarried. They are lovely individually but the band seems much older and less shiny so it's throwing me off.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I got my wedding band and hated it as well. When I picked it up I just kept saying "No, o, no, I can't, no, no, no, I hate it." I returned it and got a new one.

If FI wants you to have matching wedding bands can you wear it on the right hand and gets a plain white gold 2mm ring that will compliment your ering?

Personal I wear my wedding band daily and my erring only about half the time. Maybe you'll do the same? Not a great solution, I know.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I don't think they look very good together either, but I agree with PP that you can either get a different wedding band, but still wear your current band on your right hand, or switch to wearing your e-ring on your right hand.

• Options

My FI totally wants moon rock. Or maybe asteroid? Something from space. Luckily, he has not requested that I do the same... OP, I agree with others that you could wear the band on the left and e-ring on the right without looking unmarried. They are lovely individually but the band seems much older and less shiny so it's throwing me off.
    Fi had his heart set on an asteroid ring until his Nonno passed and left him his 25-year anniversary ring.  Now he's torn on which he wants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Hmm.  I hate to say this, but I agree with you.  Both rings are lovely on their own but the styles are totally different.

Why not wear the wedding band on your left ring finger (so you look married), but do the European thing and wear the e-ring on your right hand?
    This is what I did. I didn't like the look of any set or band that would go with my E ring so I wear that on my right and got a completely different wedding band.
    I also do this. I can wear my rings together, but it just doesn't look as nice in my opinion, so I rock my E ring on my right hand and wear the wedding band on my left. Does your H not think the wedding band alone makes you look married? You could always put the wedding band on your right hand instead, and keep the e ring on your left hand.

Anniversary
  • Options
    mrsmagicgeekmrsmagicgeek member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, ladies. The original problem was that my e-ring isn't made anymore so we couldn't get the matching band, then my husband fell in love with the moon rock thing. Seriously, he's always going "space rock" like we're the wonder twins or something. It's actually kind of adorable.

I've got the band alone on my left hand now we'll see how that goes. I had them reversed before, I think that's what bothered him.

Again, though, I'm glad it's not just me! I was thinking I was being horribly picky.

Edit: words
  • Options
    Good call. They're both nice rings, but I'm not a fan of the togetherness look.
  • Options
    They don't exactly match...something like this would look better with it IMO :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    stacking bands is super popular now. have you thought of getting another band to go in-between them? you could do a bubble band or something that will add to the differentiation but might help make it feel more intentional.
    This would be my suggestion. If it is important to your H that your wedding bands match and you aren't keen on wearing them on separate hands or alone, maybe buy a plain white gold band or a half eternity band to break it up.

• Options
    A jeweler should be able to custom make you band to match that easy peasy if you want a matching one. My jeweler custom made me a band and it cost a little more, but it wasn't outrageous by any means.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options

A jeweler should be able to custom make you band to match that easy peasy if you want a matching one. My jeweler custom made me a band and it cost a little more, but it wasn't outrageous by any means.

My custom band actually cost less than a pre-made one would have. I got a simple 14k gold band that fit around my e-ring (it's a unique shape and nothing else would have fit properly). All told, it cost about $450 CDN.

• Options
    Excellent! I'm so happy to hear about this!

image   image   image

• Options
    I think this is better. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Definitely much better!  I'm so happy it worked out for you!
  • Options
    Lovely! So glad it worked out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Love it! Definitely goes better together. I'm glad you and DH could work something out!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Perfect!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your new band is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Thanks :) DH is pouting a little but he'll get over it. I like it much better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards