May 2015 Weddings
Options

Feeling like I'm behind already!

Anyone else feeling like they are behind on planning? I only have my venue so far and possibly my church and everywhere I turn people's May or even Summer 2015 weddings are already planned.

-STRESSED-

Re: Feeling like I'm behind already!

• Options
    I wouldn't feel too stressed out! Everyone plans at a different pace. I know a couple who got engaged in Dec 2013 and are getting married this Sept. They are obviously planning in a much different way than others and are perfectly comfortable doing so. Just try and stay calm and do everything at the speed you are comfortable at. Looking at pre-planned timelines help too--the knot actually has a good one!
  • Options
    I don't have anything planned yet. ;-) No worries. If you think about it in the grand scheme of things, you maybe stress out about details for a week at most, its waiting thats the problem a lot of the times.
  • Options
    I was for a while. Someone here on the knot started a FB group and it's all sorts of gals getting married in 2015 and they'd talk about their plans and it would freak me out until I remembered that we all had different dates. They're in there posting all the time and I had to pull back and not read except for once or twice a day so I don't freak out. (I have anxiety issues)
  • Options
    Don't be stressed...I only have major things like venue, date, dress, and photographer done. Everyone plans at a different pace, and even with me trying to get everything done ahead of time so I don't have to stress, I'm way behind other people! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with previous posts....don't stress yourself out! Things will come together in your timing. The only thing I have done is hire a coordinator, so I am "technically" behind as well. We had a venue, however they somehow double booked the date. So I am now on the hunt for another location. Until I solidify that I can't really do much. Nonetheless, I'm remaining calm! :-)
  • Options
    I sometimes feel like I'm TOO ahead and that I'm going to run out of things to plan and be bored! So don't worry - I'm sure you're totally fine :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    Hi!

I was a little stressed about planning a May wedding because my fiance just proposed in August!
    BUT have you considered Sunday, May 24, 2015?  It's Memorial Day weekend so most people have Monday off.  I've had great luck finding and booking for that day! 

Good Luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards