Chit Chat
Options

Need Help: Questions to ask interviewer

TL;DR here:
I may be selected to interview for a new position within the company I already work for.
It would be a Real Estate position for a credit union.
I need help coming up with questions to ask my interviewers. Because they always ask if there are any questions.

Long Background:
I have some knowledge of what that department does because I perform audits on their files.
They work up applications for members and go through the motions until they can be booked and we provide them with a loan to finance their improvements or to purchase land or a home.

I've become tired of my current position and I want something new.

I'm not a 5 year girl. Never have been. I don't know where I want to be in 5 years let alone a year from now. Until recently I couldn't even imagine what I'd like my purpose in life to be.
My main goal is to make enough money to support myself and my family and to live comfortably. Not a great goal, but it's better than how I was raised -paycheck to paycheck not knowing if we were getting dinner that night.

I've achieved that goal and I'd like it to continue.

Just like I'm not a 5 year girl I am a "what if" girl. What if I don't like it? What if I'm not a good fit? What if I don't excel at it like I excel at my current job?

One position I do see myself doing here is auditing more, but in order to do that I need more experience in different areas of the credit union.

Can you think of questions you've asked your interviewer or questions you wished you had asked?
Anniversary

Re: Need Help: Questions to ask interviewer

• Options
    "What do YOU find most rewarding about your day here?" 
  • Options
    loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    "What are some of the challenges in this position that are dealt with on a daily basis?" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Some of these may not apply since you have a working knowledge of the position, but maybe they will help!

-Can you describe a typical day of work in this position?

-What is a typical case/client load?

-How large is the department and who would I be working with the most? (more position based than name based)

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    -What are the training/development opportunities in this role?

-What are you looking for in an ideal candidate?

-Can you tell me more about the team dynamic/culture of the department?
  • Options
    I always ask potential employers, "What are your strengths and weaknesses as an employer?"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have had only a couple of interviews but the question I would ask is "How do you feel about the progress this company has made and why? I feel like that question would get the employer to really think.
  • Options
    My phone died right before lunch so I couldn't respond.
    Thanks for all your input, i really appreciate it.

I will definitely tuck these questions away for future use.
    I think if I were to ask them some of the suggested questions they'd give me a weird look like I'm being absurd.
    I've worked with these people for almost 3 years and some of them I have relationships outside of work.

Because I work with this department and the people in it already, I know most of the basic stuff (ie: hours, work load, what makes them tick)

I've only come up with two questions so far.
    * If I'm not a good fit would I be eligible to revert back to my previous position?
    and
    * What of my current duties would I still be responsible for?

I enjoy most aspects of my current job.  But like I said this morning - I'm getting tired.  I've reached the point that my tasks are too simple and easy even when I take on more duties and responsibilities to keep me occupied because I've already completed all the other tasks on my to do list.
    And the people I work most closely with right now are very toxic and I rarely come home in a good mood.
    Faking a good attitude with only get me so far.  I want to be in a genuinely good mood.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I always ask "how open is the management to change and process improvements?". For example once I really learn the job, if I find better or more efficient ways of doing things, is that going to be ok for me to take the initiate and make those changes, or is it a "no, do it this way because that's just how it's always been done"? 

• Options
    "How would you describe the employees on this unit/sector?"

"What is your favorite part about coming to work here?"

Also definitely the how open is the promotion thing.

I am hesitant to ask those questions that you mentioned two posts up.. About if you're not qualified. I always make myself appear more than qualified for the job, obviously without lying. Idk what others have to say about that?

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards