Connecticut

Tea Room for Bridal Shower in CT

Hi all,

Im looking for  a venue for my bridal shower somewhere in Fairfield or New Haven counties. (most of my people will be coming from CT but i have some family in NJ plus my very old/frail grandmother and want to make it an equal drive)

I really would love to have a Formal High Tea at a traditional tea house but have not found any. Im okay having it at another (non teahouse) venue but hate traditional  event spaces.   Can you please recommend any non-traditional spaces (ie no event halls)  or at least old historical places that i could have it at.

Thanks for the help :)

Re: Tea Room for Bridal Shower in CT

• Afternoon tea is more formal than high tea. That is likely what you're thinking of if what you're after is tea served with scones and cress sandwiches and other sweets on tiered stands. High tea is around 6 p.m. and is the evening meal for the working class (usually a hot dish/ cold cut sandwiches). I went to a tea at Mrs. Bridges Pantry in Woodstock. I believe they do bridal showers, but I can't remember how large of a space there is or if you'd have to book the whole store. I would try there- the food was great and it was a cute atmosphere. They have both high and afternoon tea so no matter which one works for you I'm sure it would be great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know of any afternoon tea places (but I need to look into it! I studied abroad at Cambridge and I miss afternoon tea!). However, I think you might get a similar feel from a place that does a nice brunch. Check out Bernard's in Ridgefield, CT.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards