Snarky Brides
Options

Is there anything you need?

My FMIL keeps relaying questions from her side of the family asking us if there are any gifts we need. We have a registry at Macy's (about 12 items left and all on the low cost side) and at Target (about 30 things left in a range of prices). If we needed something, we put it on the registry.

"Do you need wine glasses??" No, we've got plenty of wine glasses, that's why we didn't register for any.

Here's the thing, if someone wants to go off registry, good for them! We'll appreciate the generosity and figure out if we need to return it as a double later unbeknownst to them. But if you want to know what we want, we already spent HOURS crafting a registry of things we want/need. Sorry you are picking from less choices on the registry, but the wedding is 4 days away, so it is what it is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is there anything you need?

• Options
    Yeah that's annoying. Sometimes I just went to yell "Just look at the damn registry, people!" But clearly that would not be polite :P 
  • Options
    MIL and DH's aunt want to see the list of our gifts 'to see what else we need'. They literally want the list of who gave us what gifts, I presume because they want to know who gave us how much money, or how expensive of a gift so and so gave us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom is doing the opposite right now--she's buying stuff off our registry that wasn't purchased and is going to give it to us for birthdays and Christmas. I love my mom.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options

Inkdancer said:
    My mom is doing the opposite right now--she's buying stuff off our registry that wasn't purchased and is going to give it to us for birthdays and Christmas. I love my mom.
    lol, my mom did that for my brother and SIL too when they got married. She has already told me I need a registry in advance of Christmas so they can purchase things off of that even though the wedding is 9 months after Christmas.

simplyelise--just say you could always use giftcards if she keeps asking. I had a cousin whose registry sold out of <$100 items and my aunt recommended gift cards to Target and Macys when I asked. That worked for me, and my budget! Plus now my cousin can put together multiple giftcards and buy all the expensive items no one got her from her registry. 
  • Options
    "Thanks for asking, but no we don't need [insert item]. We are saving up for XYZ." 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think there's plenty of options left, it's just things people who are asking his mom don't care to select. At Macy's, trashcan, memory foam, fridge organizers, gravy boat, kitchen towels, turkey platter. At Target we've got an entire bathroom of stuff not yet purchased: bathroom rug, toothbrush holder, soap dispenser, cotton ball holder, shower curtain. 

I'd be great with any of our registry items over cash or giftcards. I just don't feel like giving more gift ideas to people just because they don't like what's on our registry (or with a lot of FI's family, they are above getting a wedding gift from target).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards