March 2015 Weddings
Options

Planning Ahead

All my vendors tell me I am planning to far ahead.  Even my hotel reservation said I was plan to far ahead.  Is any one else getting this or is it just me?

Re: Planning Ahead

• Options
    I had all my vendors, venue, hotel, etc. locked down before the 1 year mark - but I live in Vegas where everything books up quickly. If your wedding is in less than 6 months, though, certainly NOT planning too far ahead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that planning everything 6 months to a year ahead is completely normal. I would rather be too early then not get what I wanted because I waited too long. Follow your own timeline!
  • Options
    Whatttttt 5 months is too early? I want to live where you live. 

imageimage

• Options
    I think it really has to do with where you live and the vendor you're dealing with. I booked my church and reception site a little over a year out and didn't hear anything. We even did our first registry earlier than I thought we really needed to and they didn't comment. According to the checklist, I was late starting working on flowers. After I met with the first florist, I wanted a second opinion. It was when I called a couple other shops to book consultations that I was told I was I was trying to plan too early. Evidently, I ended up going with the first florist and I didn't have to meet with the others who didn't want to see me yet anyway! The first one was happy to meet when I called for a consultation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards