Chit Chat
Options

Stupid amazon.

So this is kind of a rant/psa- Don't buy electronics off amazon that you're hooking up to a service provider.  

I finally said fuck it and ordered cable internet from comcast (And am currently back to sitting in the corner of my room to get a weak signal from the only non password protected wifi around, so three guesses for how well that went) and got all that hooked up to a "New" modem I got from amazon prime.

Spent an hour on the phone with tech support because it wouldn't connect, only to find out that even with several people trying their best, nobody could get the stupid thing to be activated under my account- because while it works properly, it is apparently still registered under the previous owner's name and service, so I can't use it.  NEW MY ASS.

They said I can get it reset at a comcast store, but as a matter of principle I'm returning this shit for a full refund and getting an ACTUALLY NEW one somewhere else.  I'm not ok with a business lying to me about what I am purchasing and getting to keep my money.  Don't call shit new when it was clearly used by someone else and it wasn't even reset properly.

Re: Stupid amazon.

• Options
    Was it actually sold by Amazon.com or was it sold by another vendor but the order was fulfilled by Amazon? Amazon's customer service is usually excellent, so I would suggest following up with your complaint either way-I would think they will rapidly resolve. However, it's not really Amazon's fault if its sold by an external vendor...
  • Options
    Was it actually sold by Amazon.com or was it sold by another vendor but the order was fulfilled by Amazon? Amazon's customer service is usually excellent, so I would suggest following up with your complaint either way-I would think they will rapidly resolve. However, it's not really Amazon's fault if its sold by an external vendor...
    This was my thought too.

• Options
    It was sold by Amazon, not another vendor using the site.  
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Weird, I totally bought my router from amazon and had no problem hooking up to comcast.

I have had trouble with AT&T
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    So, I bought GoPro that was a model older than the newest one and Amazon advertised that it came with a few accessories. Well the GoPro shows up minus the accessories and I was bummed and ragey about the false advertising. I started an online tech complaint, saying I didn't get the parts, they emailed back saying they were sorry, the accessories were sold out in their warehouse and to go ahead and keep to GoPro FOR FREE due to the trouble (they credited my card). Woohoo! I bought the accessories online for like $15 and have been happily videoing ever since. If you make the complaint with Amazon , I would be shocked if they didn't attempt to remedy the situation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I feel like this is a comcast issue more than an amazon issue.

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    I feel like this is a comcast issue more than an amazon issue.
    It's always a comcast issue...
    Anniversary

• Options
    Comcast the provider out West?
    Anniversary

• Options
    I bought an i phone 5s from a vender on Amazon after I broke my i phone 5c only to find out that it was reported stolen. As soon as I got home from AT&T I called Amazon and they were prompt and e-mailed the vender for me. I had to mail the phone back and the money was promptly refunded.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards