Nevada-Las Vegas

Welcome Bags Costs

I am trying to get a sense for how much I should budget for the welcome bags. I think my initial budget is WAAAY too low. How much did your bags cost each?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Welcome Bags Costs

• That's going to vary... We are locals so we are assembling welcome bags with a bit more to them than from what I have read from people who travel. Right now it's looking like our bags will run $10-$12 each... so we could end up spending near $700 based on the number of rooms books (we blocked 75). It will really just come down to what you want to include, how easy you want them to be, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't forget to budget for the fee the hotels charge to pass them out. That was a rude awakening for us!
  • How does the hotel find out? I was going to have the guest meet n my room ??
  • Well I was planning on having mine passed out. I guess if you handed them out a party it's no big deal
  • Oh boo! I thought that you only paid if they delivered them to the room :( Now I need to budget that! Let's hope far less people RSVP haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Similarly, we spent ~$10 per bag, plus some additional cost in shipping some of the components to Vegas plus passing out fees at the two hotels we had room blocks. This included the bag, custom minted.com printed tags, wedding gumball slot machines (very cute), clear bags & each of our favorite snacks: garrett's chicago mix popcorn (one in vegas), grippo's bbq chips (shipped in), tylenol packets, dove chocolates & liter smartwaters (local pickup), custom color printed welcome letter/itinerary/map, ribbon & tissuepaper. 

We had 75 guests, around 40 hotel rooms. The bags were very cute, but in all honesty we would not do them again if we had the choice. I cannot tell you how much work it was overall, including shipping things ahead of time to a 24-hr fedex, renting an SUV and running all the errands, the multiple hours of building them, the difficulty in getting bulky/heavy ~20 bags to the other hotel room block, getting bags to those who made their own arrangements, working with the hotel bell clerks plus cost to get them distributed (should have researched ahead of time), etc. I would only do them if you have a very manageable count of rooms, perhaps all at the same hotel.
  • So I guess that answered my question about shipping items to the hotel in advance. Sounds like that's a no go because they probably won't accept packages?
    Fees...I guess it depends on your hotel but aria has quoted is 3 per bag to be passed over the front desk, not delivered
  • We bought half our supplies this weekend so were kinda locked in
  • Hmmmm maybe I'll just do a bottle of wine and cake pops ...sounds easy enough :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had heard about hotels charging for deliveries made to the hotel, we were going to do that because we want yo have the gift bag stuff shipped to us as opposed to bringing it with. Depending on the cost, I am thinking we might just schlep it ourselves if the rate is exorbitant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aria told us that we could get deliveries.  Not sure if we are going to get charged for it or not, but we will be in a sky suite when we get the deliveries.
  • Both Wynn & Treasure Island (our two blocks) were willing to accept and send packages, however it is between $25-$45 additional per box based on weight each way (on top of the FedEx ~$20 per box). When you are shipping five big boxes it would have been an extra $200-$250 in charges each way so to avoid that $400 in handling fees we used a rental car & a local fedex.
  • I bought our bags from beforetheidos.com which with shipping were $2.98 per bag.  They were custom and adorable and I was all too happy to not have to make them myself.  My mom had custom buttons made as keepsakes for the bags, no idea what she paid for them but no more than $3 a button.  We bought all the additional stuff there which we took a cab to Costco and went a little crazy with two carts full of supplies for our meet and greet, bus liquor and welcome bag supplies.  We bought:

90 beer (60 Coors light and 30 Bud light)
    Two 60 oz of Bacardi rum
    60 oz Smirnoff Vodka
    4 bottles champagne
    Orange Juice (1 Gallon)
    Case of 48 water
    3 Fruit trays
    2 Veggie trays
    Box of 50 halloween chips
    Box of 50 kirkland granola bars
    Giant package of red solo cups (can't remember the count, something obscene maybe 250?)
    Package of mixed donuts
    Package of the Kirkland cookies (3 different cookie in the pack)

The total for all this was only $284.  As an Atlantic Canadian it was laughable how inexpensive this was, lol.  We had an amazing cab driver who took his break while we were inside and took us back to the hotel because he was mostly nosey about what we were going to come out with.  He laughed at us a lot.  I can't find the receipt but I would guess that each welcome bag cost no more than $8 each because we gave 1 bag per couple and doubled up on everything.  A friend of my moms gave us samples of Advil too.  Each bag had: 2 Buttons, 2 bottles of water, 2 bags of chips, 2 granola bars and 4 Advil.  We just passed them out at our meet and greet and everyone took them as they left!

• WOW. I am SO doing that, @keozie! Thank you for that recommendation!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards