Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Locations?

I am looking for any opinions or review for honeymoon spots!

We are considering: St. Martin or maybe the other Virgin Islands, Punta Cana/Dominican Republic or Turks & Caicos.

We would like to do an all-inclusive, adults-only or couples-only resort.

We would love a resort that gave us the option to visit "sister" resorts near by, as well as fun things like snorkeling, zip-lining, swim with dolphins, etc.

We will probably go to a travel agent to help us plan/book our honeymoon but I wanted to hear your opinions! 

Re: Honeymoon Locations?

• There is so much that goes into choosing a spot that is right for you. Budget, time of year, length of stay, where you are flying from, what your interests are, etc. I think you'll be able to narrow things down working with a travel agent who can properly qualify you. You're just going to get a ton of different answers on here because the world and the Caribbean are such big places with tons of different price points, pros, and cons. So, I recommend narrowing it down with your TA and asking for specific resort feedback on here.

• edited October 2014
    Turks and Caicos are just magical! It's one of FI's favorite places (we've traveled all around the Caribbean) - great for scuba diving/snorkeling, safe for getting off the resort, beautiful water, great people, etc. That was one place where a wild dolphin actually came to our beach and swam next to FI. :)
  • My husband and I went to Excellence Punta Cana and LOVED it. Absolutely gorgeous. I did a big long review on it on Yelp if you want to go look at it. I believe I titled it "Excellente". I would post it all here but it was fairly long. We are definitely looking forward to going back to Punta Cana sometime in the future. I'm sure where ever you pick will be gorgeous and I most definitely recommend a travel agent.
  • My husband and I went to Excellence Punta Cana and LOVED it. Absolutely gorgeous. I did a big long review on it on Yelp if you want to go look at it. I believe I titled it "Excellente". I would post it all here but it was fairly long. We are definitely looking forward to going back to Punta Cana sometime in the future. I'm sure where ever you pick will be gorgeous and I most definitely recommend a travel agent.
  • Oh- check out St. Lucia.  I know a few couples who have gone there for their honeymoon.  Not sure what your budget is, but it's beautiful there.  I only have experience with Riviera Maya, which I also absolutely love.  But for a more romantic experience- check out St. Lucia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards