North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Coastal Shots

Hey y'all. I'm thinking about going with Coastal Shots to do the photography and videography at our wedding. I like the price they gave me for services (including a photobooth!!!) but I'm a little weary that we have to pay them in full before the wedding... Has anyone else worked with them? What was your experience? Do you have any other recommendations for photographer and videographer services that are GOOD but not too expensive?

Re: Coastal Shots

• Options
    Hi CourtaniaLynn,

I used Coastal Shots for our May 25 wedding. I really enjoyed working with Ryan and he was very helpful and responsive. Even though I haven't seen my pictures yet, I'm sure they're going to be great. The photobooth was a HUGE success (I only wish I had had more time in there!)!! I'm happy to share my pictures with you whenever I get them back. As far as paying him before the wedding, I didn't give it a second thought and appreciated not having to worry about paying anyone the day of. Let me know if there are any other questions you have that I can help with!

--ll
  • Options
    I would love to see your pictures once you get them back. Is it typical to have to wait this long to see the results? Did you also get the videography package?
  • Options
    We are not using Coastal Shots, but we also have to pay for our photographer up front. I think that's pretty standard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that waiting 4-6 weeks for pictures is pretty standard, but you other girls should correct me if I'm wrong. That's about how long I waited for my engagement pictures with a different photographer in my home town, though. In the middle of last week Ryan posted pictures on fb from a May 18 wedding, which to me means he was done or almost done with that weddin's photographs, but maybe I'm wrong on that too.

I didn't get the videography, but we did consider it.

And of course I'll share my pictures on here just as soon as I can!
  • Options
    Yes 4-6 weeks is standard and paying up front is standard.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Agree with ksj  & Jenn about upfront and timeframe

• Options
    Thanks guys. I feel better now and hopefully I can put my mom (a.k.a. The Bank) at ease about it, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards