Nevada-Las Vegas

October Wedding Outside...possible?

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting married next October. Is it possible to have an evening wedding without freezing to death? Thanks.

Re: October Wedding Outside...possible?

• From what I understand the lows are in the mid 60s, shouldn't be too cold. We are having an evening wedding as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have been there near the end of October and we found it quite nice at night. Most nights we just had T-shirts on but I do recall a couple nights we had to grab a light jacket. That was quite late at night though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got married on October 26, and it was pleasantly cool at night, not freezing. We didn't even need sweatshirts. It was like a cool summer night, not autumn.
  • For what it's worth, right now we are still seeing mid 80's during the day (or low 90's last week!) and mid-low 60's at night. It feels a little brisk in the mornings but the evenings aren't "cold" yet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I chose October for exactly what @tcnoble described! I hope it's not in the low 90's come 4pm on 10/16/15, but it's always risky with an outdoor wedding; however WAAAAYYY less risky in Vegas than an outdoor wedding in Minnesota

• I chose October for exactly what @tcnoble described! I hope it's not in the low 90's come 4pm on 10/16/15, but it's always risky with an outdoor wedding; however WAAAAYYY less risky in Vegas than an outdoor wedding in Minnesota

My fiancé is from Wisconsin. I am from California (we live in WA state), I couldn't do a chilly wedding lol!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • high five for Midwesterners! My FI is from Minnesota, I'm from Wisconsin - most of our guests are coming from those states and they are all THRILLED to be getting out of the winter for our March wedding here :)

@futuremrshauger you should have great weather for your wedding! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm from WI too, FH is from IL :) Everyone is talking about going to the pool in April...now that I am in Phoenix I think the pool will be too cold but they will all love it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! Highfive is right @tcnoble @hmgiffor! I wish I was getting married the same time you ladies were!
  • October is amazing this time of year! We are actually headed to Vegas for Halloween (and I'll sneak in wedding stuff haha). It is not too hot and not chilly...just perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally think Oct. is one of the best months to get married - the weather is perfect.  We were married there on 10/11/12 and I cant tell you how perfect the weather was (minus a few drops of rains but that is good luck right?).  We were there last week for our early anniversary trip and it was 90's during the day and 70's at night - PERFECT.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • October is the most popular month to get married in Las Vegas for that reason...the weather.  It's not too hot and not too cool.  For the most part your days you can be in shorts and t-shirts and you may or may not need a light jacket or sweater come night time.

We were married last Saturday there and didn't once have pants on.  There was one night I had to put a light cardigan over my tank top but that was around 2 am.  

The weather is perfect for wedding picture taking too.  We had our picture taken by the Welcome to LV sign around 4 pm and we were all sweating buckets but about an hour after that it was perfect.  The air was perfect it was only too hot when the sun was directly on you.
  • We got married on October 17th last year.  It was hot during the day but cooled down somewhat in the late afternoon/early evening which was fantastic for our photo shoot. It wasn't cool enough for a second layer though.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards