Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Airbrush makeup is not for me...

I had a local makeup artist come and do my makeup for family photos today. She did a beautiful job but I do NOT like the way my pores and fine lines stood out. When I wear makeup it is usually mineral makeup (Jane Iredale) and NOT liquid foundation. My artist used Temptu which is a great foundation and all, but I can't stand how cakey it looked.

Now that I know airbrush isn't for me, does anyone know of any Vegas makeup artist who use mineral makeup as opposed to airbrush or liquid?? I am booked through my chapel with Pampered Brides but if they do NOT do mineral makeup, who does??

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Airbrush makeup is not for me...

• Options
    I don't know about mineral but I am using Your beauty Call and they don't do airbrush.
  • Options
    The problem isn't airbrush the more I think about it. It's liquid foundation. It just settles into the skin all wrong for me. I guess I could stick with airbrush just for the fact that it looks good on camera, if I can't find a mineral makeup artist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Different liquids settle VERY differently so I wouldn't rule out all of them. I have a lot of friends that hated the air brush results when they got married and opted for a regular liquid foundation over air brush!
  • Options
    I have the opposite problem of you. Mineral makeup settles into my skin and makes me look dry.
  • Options
    I spoke to a makeup artist about airbrush Vs standard makeup. She said that she has quite a few brides who ask for airbrush makeup but she knows they would look better with usual foundation as airbrush can look cakey and not as flawless up close. Maybe you could have another trial with usual liquid foundation and see what you think? :)
  • Options

Wow, this post makes me nervous. I never ever wear foundation and have no clue what would work for me or look best. I have worn it once in my adult life as a BM when the bride had everyone use her makeup artist. I have no idea what to ask for or expect next month.

Guess I will keep my fingers crossed!

• Options
    I'm 52, with plenty of wrinkles (used to work outside and smoked, don't recommend either)  or life lines HA!  I've had airbrush makeup done twice during 2 trials in Vegas.  I really liked it, didn't think it accentuated my lines.  I did get my cheeks, lip and chin waxed beforehand the second time and I liked that better (when you get older you have much more facial hair and it sucks!).

But as people have said on here before if you can possibly afford a trial, do it!  And while they are doing your makeup in a trial or the big day it's critical that you provide input as they work.  They can always adjust, do over etc...  you have to be happy!  It also helps to have photos of what you want to look like so they can duplicate the look.
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Options
    I am going to definitely have a trial when in Vegas the wk of the wedding. I need to just set that up. Hopefully we can figure out something I will feel okay in. I think part of my problem is oily skin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Imagine this, my little sister was supposed to do my wedding day make up, and she got so caught up doing her own, and everyone else's that she forgot about me! I put on my own fake lashes, and that's the ONLY make up I wore...

LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Oh no!! You still looked gorgeous!!

I'm actually going to give it a go again (airbrush)... same lady, for our engagement photos, IF our photos we took last week (family) came back okay...on film it looks GREAT from the few pics I took...

The good out of this is I am going up the ante on my eye makeup, for sure. My look is too ordinary and what I wear every day...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I could do it over again I wouldn't have the airbrush makeup.  I felt it looked too cakey.  I don't wear much makeup on a normal day so I felt very buried in makeup and didn't feel natural.

I used Pampered Brides and while I loved my hair my make up I wasn't thrilled with.  One of my best features is my eyes.  I have large green eyes and I found the makeup that was used on my eyes made them look small and slanted.  Even my husband (wow, I said husband!) thought so.  

Kristen from Pampered Brides did my hair and she did an amazing job.  I highly recommend her for her professionalism, skill and personality.  The girl who did my makeup was Amelie or Analie or something like that.  It was a name I'd never heard before.  I felt that she rushed through it and kept making comments about her next appointment was across town which didn't leave much time for her to get there.  I had her booked until 1:00 and if it had been her way she would have left at 12:00.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your makeup! What a bummer! I contacted Stevee Danielle as well, hopefully I will get a response. I never heard from Beauty by Bri, still waiting to hear from Pampered Brides. Airbrush makeup is a bit too cakey for my likings, but for picture sake I am willing to go that route, however, I don't want to have a bad job done on it. Too bad I can't afford to fly out the gal who did my makeup last weekend!! She is awesome, but she doesn't do hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm booked with Stevee Danielle! She uses Dinair which I have read is much better for oily skin than Temptu, so here is hoping! I have a trial booked as well, for 2 days before the wedding. My daughters hair and makeup booked as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @vegasbride2015 I am booked with Stevee too! Since I live here in Vegas my regular hair girl is doing my hair but Stevee's team is doing my make-up, and hair/make-up for 9 others in our group. Just over 5 months to go, so I'll be sure to post a review! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am looking forward it your review! I just out half down for my wedding day, and am having a trial as well. So excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards