Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

How was the weekend? 

Friday night was a blast. I ate and drank and laughed really, really hard. 

Saturday was the memorial.  Grandma loved it all and that's all that's important.  I am appalled that BIL was in jeans and still annoyed that he took both the microscopes that were the grandfathers.  Good news is BIL is adopting SIL's kids.  I mean he's been raising them for 12 years, but it makes the kids incredibly happy.  I might need to do some sort of baby shower or party because it really needs to be celebrated.  In not so good news sFIL has an endoscopy tomorrow to rule out colon cancer.  I hope and pray it's just an ulcer.

Sunday was not much of anything.

Re: Monday

• Options
    Friday night DH and I decided what we are going to be for a halloween party and got most of the costume pieces we need.  He's done and I just need to find a shirt.

Saturday was the annual shopping trip with the women on my side of the family.  We spent 10 hours at an outlet mall and had a blast.  I bought a few things, not as much as I usually buy because the sales just weren't that impressive, but it was still fun.  I did get a really good deal on two purses.

Yesterday I was pooped and didn't want to leave the house all day but I did have to get groceries.  I made DH hot wings in the crock pot for the first time.  He really liked them and they were really easy.
  • Options
    Friday was dinner date with my friend.  I am so happy we're friends.  She is a great listener, so supportive and also shares her difficulties with me, so...it's nice.  New friends are hard to come by.

Saturday was not much.  I pushed myself to pack x-amount of boxes or stuff so I could go run in the early afternoon.  It actually helped to have that goal, so I did get it completed.  And I did get to run, unsure of mileage but boy did it hurt a bit.  Which means, I need more stretching, more rehabbing and more rest.  Not the answer I wanted, but not the worst thing to happen either.  Saturday was very quiet after H got home, we stayed home, relaxed and were in bed by 9pm.

Sunday was H working a 16, me at home avoiding any work.  I did pack after my mom/bro joint bdady party and got 2 more boxes packed.  So a grand total of 8 boxes packed, 1 hutch emptied and a whole bunch of other stuff ready to go in boxes.  SLOW going, but it's going.  I figure if I do about 10-12 boxes a week, I'll be happy with that. 

With H's work schedule I have a feeling I'll be packing his things too...uh oh.
  • Options
    We spent the weekend in Dallas, trying to avoid contracting ebola. Nobody has shown any signs of illness so far, so hooray for that. :-)

I had Friday off, so I suggested that we drive up on Friday. It's ~250mi, so 4-5 hours with stops. I had a 90 minute massage scheduled on Friday morning, so we left afterwards. Drive was uneventful - we stopped at Bucee's for lunch and the cleanest bathrooms in TX, and stopped again about an hour outside of Dallas at a little rest area. The rest area was nice - they had a playground, so we let Wolverine play for a little while before we finished the drive. We tried a local Tex-Mex place for dinner (good food and live music), and crashed when we got back to the hotel. We spent Saturday morning at the Dallas Zoo, which was really nice. They had a lot of ares where you got to interact with the animals, so Wolverine had a blast. Saturday night was a hockey game (Stars vs. Flyers) - DK was excited because he got to see the Flyers get their first win of the season in OT. Yesterday we drove home, picked up Wiggles, and hung out at home for the rest of the day. (I'd say we took it easy, but I did back to back T25 workouts, so I'm a little sore today.)
  • Options
    Weekend was chaotic and crazy, as they are going to be for awhile.  Our bedroom is finally starting to look lke a bedroom and not a hot mess. :) 

I'm finally working from home.  Trying to figure out bills.  Buying furniture this week.  So exciting. 

We had our first dinner guests this weekend.  DH's aunt and uncle were in town for a drag race. My sisters are coming over this coming weekend for the first time.  We have our first overnight guests in 2 weeks (BIL/SIL).  And DH's grandparents are going to be in town at the same time.  

I'm hoping to get a hair appt in this week.  I'm trying to figure out DH's schedule.  

I feel like a whirling dervish, LOL.  So much going on and so much to do. 
  • Options
    I was home sick Friday.  I was running a fever of around 100, got DD on the bus, dropped DS at DC, and went back to bed with Gilmore Girls on Netflix for like four hours. Luckily I was feeling better by Saturday, because DD had soccer, my mom was coming, and then DD had a birthday party. 

The birthday party was fun, and really old school:  backyard, musical chairs, pin the tail on the donkey, pinata.  The kids all had so much fun, and DD won musical chairs.  That kid had a strategy.  Another birthday party yesterday, this one at Monkey Joe's. 

I wish DS's teeth would get on with it already.
  • Options

It was a very low key weekend. I didn't feel like doing anything, and it felt odd because I'm so used to go go go with all of the wedding stuff.

I'm trying to plan something to do with friends this weekend.

• Options
    @6fsn, I have multiple friends who do a "Gotcha Day" that celebrates the day their adoptions were finalized.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotcha_Day.  It's always a lot of fun and makes it special and celebrated by friends and family.

We had a friend from OOT over for dinner and the night on Saturday night.  I partied and had fun; I had to sleep most of Sunday to make up for that.  But it was a great time.  Other than that, just cleaning and laundry, like always.
  • Options
    Friday I picked the kids up and went to my parents. Both kids were still sick and sleep was my goal but it didn't happen. DD was up all through the night both nights so the rest of the weekend was sort of meh. Saturday we just putzed around. My dad and I went to the Mexican grocery store and bought all sorts of delicious food for a taco night. Sunday my parents went to church and I stayed with the kids as they are still coughing. Came home around dinner time. The tile is pretty much done in the house and now we need to finish painting and grout everything. After that, it's trim and we are done. DH and I are hoping to get everything done by the end of this coming weekend.

Today I am working and sort of glad. The kids were getting on my nerves this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards