Not Engaged Yet

How to get away with murder

Anyone else watch this show?

I just watched all the episodes on Hulu, and can't wait for this week's episode. It's so intense! This and Marry Me now meet all of my fall tv needs -- mystery suspense & humor.

Re: How to get away with murder

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I love Marry Me... but I haven't watched How to get away with murder. I DO watch scandal and grey's though. But... I haven't watched this season of Scandal. I kind of hate all the characters and feel icky before and after watching, even though it seriously draws me in once I watch it. I kind of figured How to Get Away with Murder would be more of the same? I guess I get fatigued with shows that are made up of very flawed characters that I can't get myself to like (ie Homeland. Watched three seasons... and I haven't been able to make myself watch the fourth.)
  • I haven't watched scandal, but have it on my Netflix list to catch up on. So I'm not sure if it is the same plot.

HTGAWM is a cross story plot.  The first part is law students learning criminal law and a few are selected to work with the professor who is a criminal defense attorney that never loses.  The other part is actually covering up a murder.  Each episode shows a little bit of the murder cover up, and it tied with whatever else is going on in the episode. 

There's only been 4 episodes so far, I stumbled across it on Hulu, and watched all 4 episodes yesterday.  I think the way it is set up, I will only be able to stand one season. 
  • Are any of the characters likeable? Or are you kind of disgusted with all of them?
  • I've seen previews for it. I can't decide if I'm interested or not. It looks like it could be decent though. I might end up watching it if it ends up on Netflix. Rarely do I find shows good enough for me to keep up with week to week.

• I watch it but I'm either 1 or 2 episodes behind right now. I will hopefully catch up this week!

• @speakeasy14 I LOVE HTGAWM!!!! You're right, it is very intense and at the end of every episode, I get upset because I know I cant wait until the next week to find out what happens next.

@lilacck28 It is kind of like Scandal in the sense that both shows deal with covering things up (murder in particular) as well as "fixing" situations, and of course they both have steamy sex scenes (HTGAWM shows a lot of guy on guy).
  • Each character is flawed or weak, so disgusted is a good word. I honestly don't know what any of their names are, but I'm still drawn to the show just for the suspense of solving what is going on. 
  • I just finished the 3 seasons of Scandal that are on Netflix...I like the suspenseful element of it, but I agree with getting disgusted with the characters!  At some points, I just wanted to yell at them for being stupid.
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I just... don't have much free time anymore, and I would rather read a happy book than watch tv shows that make me angry/ even more fed up with the world. That's generally my thing in general. I like my entertainment happy.

Also... I know too many lawyers and and people involved in politics. It takes away some of the enjoyment when I'm sitting there thinking "ugh. That's not what happens. At all." Though, with Scandal, I suppose it could. The people I know (ehem, Fiance) work(ed) at the House/ Senate/ State levels. But man, if it does happen... shudder. We're all in trouble. And I don't want to know.

Speaking of--- House of Cards! It's fun, but....SPOILER****

*** the President would not have resigned after such little investigation! That was too comical.
  • @lilacck28 - Going forward, you can write out the spoiler and then highlight it and change the font color to white so that people (like myself) who haven't gotten around to watching yet don't see the spoiler unless we want to.....

• I've been watching HTGAWM.  I've been in to it so far, it's definitely a lot going on all at one time but I like the idea of law students covering up a murder.  Best way to learn how to be a criminal defense attorney?

I like Scandal and was really in to it last season but I'm really kind of over the whole Olivia and the President thing.  The chemistry doesn't feel the same.  Quinn and Huck on the other hand...that's like watching fire crackers about to explode! 

Formerly doubless07
  • @Swazzle .. .So sorry! I never thought of doing it in white font! Very good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards