November 2014 Weddings
Options

Let the RSVP +univited stress being - and I haven't received one back yet!

Super long story short:

My friend, a co-worker's mom, came in today and said she received the invitation (my first confirmed - YAY!). Co-worker made a comment about having been off on Saturdays so she can make it. As friend walked out the door, she yelled back across the store "I know invitations are expensive so don't worry about sending her one - I'll just add her to mine." Uhhh, WHAT?!?

I'm 90% sure co-worker will have to work that night: 1. It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving and we work in retail. 2. With me being off that leaves 4 managers with keys - 1 of them will open and attend my wedding, 2 know Tech so one will open and the other will close. 3. She'll either work a mid-shift and get off too late to get change and make the hour drive to the venue OR she'll be closing with the other Tech manager.

It wouldn't really care if she showed up but I Didn't Invite Her (or her boyfriend that she lives with)! Deep breaths and happy thoughts! I've under invited and over budgeted so 1 or 2 wedding crasher (people who I know) won't be the end of the world.

Re: Let the RSVP +univited stress being - and I haven't received one back yet!

• Options
    I've been getting the guilt trip a lot from FI dad.We're only inviting 5 people to the wedding (only our parents) because mainly budget issues. It's like eloping but with a few special guests. Well fiance dad is upset that 1) we didn't invite our siblings and 2) that we didn't invite any of his family. Our wedding was suddenly being compared to FI brother which his wife at the time had a lot of her family but not many of FI. However FI and I are paying for this affair ourselves and it's pretty low budget. Plus as I've told everyone i didn't see him opening his wallet to make sure they were there and so he shouldn't be upset.

on the flip side FI dad got remarried about a year ago. I don't like his wife, she's abrasive, hardly ever let's me speak or finish a thought, judges my parenting (of my premature daughter who is only 2 months old) treats my 8 year old son like he's nothing, ect (i could go on). Anyway she's decided were in the 1950 and is completely pissed i didn't run to the courthouse and get married as soon as I found out I was pregnant...now i have a bastard child and that's just wrong. I want to slap her. You don't say that crap to someone, but I have to shut up and deal...
  • Options
    That's really sad. Hopefully FMIL doesn't ruin the mood at your wedding, assuing she's #5.
  • Options
    OMG that coworker has guts.  Like, WTF?  You aren't invited!!

My FMIL wanted my FBIL to bring a friend to our wedding because "He'd be bored" (He'll be 16 on Thursday).  I'm so sorry my wedding is so fucking boring!  Here, let me call the WAAAAAmbulance for you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Let the stress go! It will overwhelm you! Something i've learned quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards