Budget Weddings Forum

Creating an aisle

I need ideas, suggestions but most of all help! We are getting married in a small ballroom at 3 in the afternoon. There will be theatre type seating. Chairs with white chair covers ans sashes. We are getting married in front of a backdrop but I have no idea how to create an aisle that creates a special place. Our reception is in another room and that is taken care of. I have surfed the net and have decided I do not want an aisle runner. The backdrop isn't the same but somewhat similar to give you an idea.. Thoughts?

Re: Creating an aisle

• I think having all the chairs set up to suggest an aisle is perfectly fine. You could also do some decorations on the chairs that run along the aisle, or maybe some kind of LED floating candles in vases?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Yeah, once you leave a gap inbetween the chairs that goes to the front of the room people will get its an aisle.  I like what PP suggested.  Additionally, you can wrap tulle through the aisle chairs as well if you an access the aisles from the sides of the room. 
  • I agree with PPs that you don't need anything.  Examples:
    Indoor Wedding Ideas , Indoor Wedding Decorations Ideas : Indoor Wedding Ceremony Decorating Ideasimage
    Or maybe glue some fake flower petals together to make flower petal aisle runners. kind of like this:
  • Yeah, once you leave a gap inbetween the chairs that goes to the front of the room people will get its an aisle.  I like what PP suggested.  Additionally, you can wrap tulle through the aisle chairs as well if you an access the aisles from the sides of the room. 
    This.  Our ceremony took place in a hallway between to the two large lounge/bar areas in the club level of a football stadium.  We picked a spot where the "altar" would be and then the chairs were set up in a curved shape and a space was left which was the aisle.  At the altar area we had two large floral arrangements on columns and then a handful of vases around the base of the columns filled with water and floating candles.  To decorate the already obvious aisle I had large/tall vases filled with water, submerged orchids and floating candles (I think we had 5 on each side).

• I agree that creating the space between the two sets of chairs will automatically create the aisle. You could also tie some tulle down the sides of the chair and use chair/pew bows on the ends to actually section off the aisle. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards