Budget Weddings Forum

Registries???

My fiance and I just booked our hall last night so now we are going to start looking to register at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys.  They sell just about the same things so how do I know which store we should register for which items?  Thanks! :)

Re: Registries???

• Congrats! I'm registered at Macy's and Target. Appliances, cookware, utensils, china, etc., I would register for that at Macy's. For Bed Bath and Beyond, you can register for bedding and bath stuff. I do have overlapping items, but that was because I couldn't find what I wanted at one store and ended finding it at the other. I hope this helped.
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    My fiance and I just booked our hall last night so now we are going to start looking to register at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys.  They sell just about the same things so how do I know which store we should register for which items?  Thanks! :)
    Macy's doesn't let you use coupons on small electrics, so I'd put all those on the BBB registry. BBB has a much larger selection of kitchen gadget-y things, so I'd put those there, too. I tend to prefer Macy's bedding and towels, so I'd put those on there. 

Macy's has a registry rewards program that gives you a % back of what your guests spend on you to use for yourselves after the wedding AND they have a kickass completion program. I'd put most things on Macy's, sign up for the rewards thing, and put the kitchen stuff on BBB. 

ETA: You may want to either have a mod move this to the registry forum, or just cross-post it there so you get better responses. 
  • I think Macy's is better for things like bedding and fine china, whereas BBB has a much wider assortment of kitchen and household stuff.

FI and I are planners, so instead of going in with the scanner gun, we made a list ideas of the things we wanted to register for and then did some comparison shopping online to find the exact items we wanted. We found that most of the kitchen, bed and bath stuff that we wanted was at BBB, and the other home decor type stuff was at Target, so we registered at those places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Where is that thread? I couldn't find it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards