Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Timeline help needed! (ceremony - reception - bus tour?)

I am truly awful at determining timelines and need help! I am planning to have my wedding at CP and reception at Trevi. I was thinking wedding at 6, then reception from 6:30-8:30 or so (or maybe lasting a bit longer, depending). This way guests can just go to the restaurant and have some cocktails while FI (I mean new hubby!) and I take pictures around CP for a bit. Should I ensure that appetizers are available as well? How long should we pictures for until heading to the reception - is an hour good?

Also, I wanted to do a strip tour at some point - is that better to do before the reception or after? I don't want everyone to be starving while we drive around in a bus, and I don't want to do it too late either where people may be tired. However, I was thinking to do it at the end of the night as a nice ending to the evening. Or is that too much activity for one day?

Re: Timeline help needed! (ceremony - reception - bus tour?)

• Options
    I would say if you are doing photos with FH right after the ceremony, make sure you have appetizers for guests (a cocktail hour so to speak). I would limit photo time after as much as possible so you can spend time enjoying your own reception. This is why we are doing quite a bit of photos before the ceremony. Pictures can take much longer than you anticipate. 

You could do the strip tour and provide food and drinks on that. I have seen many people on the board do that. Also remember what day of the week you are doing the strip tour. If you do it later at night, traffic is likely to be a nightmare and you won't be able to hit as many spots. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto everything @hmgiffor said. Definitely plan to serve appetizers if you will be taking photos and your guests will have some time to waste. Personally, I don't think 8:30pm is too late to do a strip tour - it's Vegas... I doubt your guests would be going back to their rooms that early anyways. But like PP said, just keep in mind based on what day of the week you could encounter quite a bit of traffic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you both for your responses. I was set on having the ceremony at 6 (or even maybe 7) simply because the pool at Caesar's should be quieter (we're doing either Juno or Venus gardens). But now I'm wondering if ceremony at 2, then strip tour, then reception (at about 5?) would be better? 

Traffic-wise, we are getting married on a Thursday, so I'm thinking that traffic (hopefully!) won't be too bad...
  • Options
    I ran into this same problem when planning my wedding. Our wedding is a sunset wedding (same time as yours), and we have a reception following (for 2 hours). I really wanted to do a strip tour AFTER the ceremony/reception but with people being on different time zones and older people at my wedding, I don't think that I can make that happen. We are likely going to book a strip tour at night the day after the wedding if people want to join us. I'm not planning on everyone who is coming out for our wedding to go on the tour, as we have already received "nays" from my side of the family. It's so hard! 

My FI and I are going to be hitting the strip after our reception though, will invite whomever wants to come, as we want to do the typical photos in our attire in front of the Bellagio fountains and other scenic places. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards