Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Anyone done Blooms by the Box or Fifty Flowers?

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone had used Blooms by the Box or Fifty Flowers for their wedding flowers and if they would recommend them. I don't want to be too overwhelmed with DIY, but I think this would be a great way to save tons of money. I see a ton of stuff about Costco and Sams but they seem to have a very limited variety of flowers and colors. Thanks!

Re: Anyone done Blooms by the Box or Fifty Flowers?

• Options
    One of my friends used Fifty Flowers for her wedding and the flowers were absolutely fine.  They were definitely affordable and looked very nice.  It did take a while to put everything together (she was lucky that so many people were good sports about staying up the night before the wedding to assemble the bouquets and floral arrangements), but the end result was beautiful.
  • Options
    I believe @lolo883 used Fifty Flowers. 

• Options
    I did! I was thrilled with them. Order well in advance to have the best selection - you're essentially calling dibs on future flowers, and some sell out before they're even grown.

• Options
    Ok great! @Lolo883 Did you use a tool to estimate how much you needed? Did you end up with extra or not enough?
  • Options
    Bevin8 said:
    Ok great! @Lolo883 Did you use a tool to estimate how much you needed? Did you end up with extra or not enough?
    I bought a random bunch of flowers from Trader Joe's and used it to mock up one of my centerpieces, to see approximately how many stems I needed in each. Multiplied that by 30 because that was the maximum number of tables I would have, compared that total number of stems needed to the increments in which I could order the flowers I wanted (paying attention to the number of blooms per stem listed), and rounded up. 

I ended up having just enough of the single bloom ones (two varieties of roses, craspedia) and more than enough spray roses and filler (dusty miller and hypericum). Plus we only ended up with 25 tables, so I was able to use the spare arrangements for the guest book table, both bars and the arch my BIL made for my ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards