Getting in Shape

Back on the MyFitnessPal wagon

I managed to put on 10 pounds this Spring/Summer due to injury, vacation in Spain, and general debauchery at the expense of prudence/working out. Time to get my shit together, so I'm back on MyFitnessPal. 

Any fellow MFP-ers with go-to meals and suggestions? I set it down to 1 pound per week (granting me a colossal extra 30 calories per day, woo) which should get me at or near goal by Christmas. I eat on the go a lot, but have access to salads and such, and I enjoy cooking, but prefer things that are really fast to put together. 

Hit me with your best suggestions for meals, and give me a virtual slap in the face--time to be disciplined, damn it!
This baby knows exactly how I feel

Re: Back on the MyFitnessPal wagon

• You can do it!

Be careful with the salads.  What starts out healthy can go downhill fast if you pile on the croutons, cheese, dressing and all the "extras".
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    You can do it!

Be careful with the salads.  What starts out healthy can go downhill fast if you pile on the croutons, cheese, dressing and all the "extras".
    Thanks! Luckily I'm not a huge fan of most dressings/croutons. I like cheese, but rarely order it at salad bars because they pile it on like crazy and all I really wanted was a wee taste!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I MFP-ish for calculating meal calories for the home-made stuff. If it sync'd properly with FitBit, i'd be much happier!

My issue was eating; food is awesome, feeling full is awesome, and I craved that feeling with food that wasn't good for me. The biggest thing has been drinking about 12-20oz of water with meals (to get that "full" feeling) and making food at home. 

My favorite thing is to make Turkey stir-fry and bring the left-overs for lunch. It's just 1lb ground turkey breast, 1 can kidney beans and 1 package of stir fry veggies (Kroger) and bottle of your choice of sauce (San-J has a few varieties) served with 2 cups rice. 10oz is about 330 calories (whole recipes makes about 5-6 servings). You can add/subtract veggies of your choosing, sauces of your choosing, and it stays relatively the same. 

Good luck, you can do it! hang in there!
  • I love MFP though the past few weeks I haven't really tracked.  It's been so crazy at work that I just honestly forget, even when I plan my meals out the night before, it honestly just slips my mind.

There is a sticky up top on the main page if you would like to add your MFP username for extra accountability!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do so well tracking during the week and then on the weekends I just think 'ehhhhhh'  I also keep telling myself I need to stop drinking during the weekend.  WINE IS SOOO GOOD THOUGH!

Some of my favorite meals are:

Turkey burgers: 1 egg 1lb of ground turkey, bread crumbs, two tablespoons of salsa and pattied up, i sprinkle the tops of them with gorgonzola and eat it without a bun.  I bake carrots in the oven sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper (baked for 20ish minutes at 350 I believe)

chicken breast diced mixed with brown rice and sliced avocado spoon of salsa

i also love the skinnytaste.com website for recipes, though the blog is annoying there is a spot just to get to the recipes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards