Chit Chat

I'm a married lady! - AW

H & I were married on Saturday! It feels amazing to finally call him my husband. It was an amazing day --- not without a few little hiccups and snafus, but nothing major. 

The good:

I am so incredibly glad we opted for a first look. It was, hands down, my favorite part of the day. H even cried when he saw me, which is the second time I've seen him cry in six years. 

MOH/sister & flower girl/niece gave the best speech I've ever heard. As a tribute to the decade H & I were born, they performed a parody of Ice, Ice Baby. It had the entire audience on their feet and laughing so hard we were all crying. 

The photographer was AMAZING. She was so detail oriented and I'm so glad we hired her!

The food & drinks were a big hit. The family catered and we offered beer, wine, and two mixed drinks (apple pie on the rocks and a cranberry margarita). Everyone was raving about them all night. 

The weather was PERFECT. H & I always wanted to get married outside and weren't sure it would be warm enough. Well, the sun was out and the sky was blue --- it was gorgeous and we lucked out. 

The not-so-good:

The cake never made it to our table (it was a small cake for cake-cutting). Once I realized and someone did bring it out, it was undecorated (we ordered it plain white and my aunt was supposed to put fresh flowers on it). No big deal --- she saw it and quickly whisked it away to fix it a few minutes after dinner started. 

Best man's speech was about 20 minutes long. It dragged, and dragged, and dragged. He's definitely AWish. The speech wasn't even that sweet --- it started off about how he and H never really talked that much, then the first time they become friends was when BM was underage and asked H to buy him beer. Okay, that's funny, but then it launched into BM toasting his grandmother for helping raise him and H, his parents, and then H. Then he launched into a bit about how he doesn't even remember meeting me and ended with telling his GF/my BM not to get any ideas because they're never getting married. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay. He made an ass out of himself, which is why I was glad I anticipated that and had him go before MOH so she could end speeches on a good note. 

At one point in the evening I glanced over and saw BM pull his pants down. Really? At a wedding? Some people have no control.

We explicitly told the bartender no tip jar. At one point I glanced over and what was on the bar? A tip jar. Harumph. She also served shots, which I thought I had told her not to do but can't be sure if I ever did. That might have been my bad. 

Overall, it was an amazing day. If I could change anything, I'd have hired a DOC --- most of our minor snafus could have been prevented with one. But in the end, all of the planning paid off and I'm a very happy, married lady. I will leave you with one of our sneak peak photos from our amazing photographer:

PS - Thank you for all of the support and advice over the past year. It was so helpful! A special shoutout to @InkDancer for salvaging a bad veil situation so I could wear a veil to my wedding, after all ;)

Re: I'm a married lady! - AW

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards