Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

wedding color combinations

Im trying to get some ideas to go with the color yellow for my wedding. Im not a fan of yellow but that is my fiances favorite color. So im willing to add that color to our wedding. I need some suggestions on colors to add. We will be getting married in October 2015. 

Re: wedding color combinations

• Options
    You could go with fall colors and do orange, red, and yellow.

Or you could go with complementary colors like blue or purple. Navy and yellow looks nice, but it's kind of more summery in my opinion.

• Options
    I like yellow and grey.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    First thing I thought of @AddieCake!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    I love blue and yellow and green and yellow (but those are super bright)!
    You could try a compromise and do more of a gold or goldenrod, which would allow for a different feel. 
    I think 'fall colour scheme' would be beautiful too.
  • Options
    What about creams/whites and gold? Or blush and gold?
  • Options
    Go to the hardware store, grab a yellow paint chip, and hold it up next to other colors. That's what I did to pick my colors! I like everything the PPs have suggest as well. 

And if you're not a fan of yellow, you could always pick some other color to be the "main" color, and then just do pops of yellow, such as mixing in some yellow flowers with the centerpieces and whatnot. 
  • Options
    Try "The Perfect Palette" if you want some ideas too. It has pictures of how colors were used and you might see something that you really like with yellow. Try looking for your favorite colors and mixing them in with the yellow.  http://www.theperfectpalette.com/search/label/Yellow

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thank you
  • Options
    That is the color combo i finally decided on. Now to add another color still trying to decide
  • Options
    I though of the blush too. We are going with yellow and gray. Thank you
  • Options
    I would of never thought of that. Were going with yellow and gray. Im definitely going to take your advice and head to my nearest hardware store. Thank you
  • Options
    Thank you for the information. Im definitely going to go on the site and see what I can come up with
  • Options
    OP, when you respond to people, click "quote" under their post rather than "reply." Otherwise we can't tell who you're talking to! 
  • Options
    i love the yellow and gray. i would consider it if yellow was in our palette might do gray myself.
  • Options
    I wanted a very pale pink with a pastel yellow and silver accents.
  • Options
    ChemFanatic25ChemFanatic25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    LabLove86 said:
    First thing I thought of @AddieCake!!!

Gosh I love those colors and I love the bridesmaids dresses. I'd actually be able to wear it over and over again. I am in love with capped sleeves and the color is not over the top. Kudos to that bride.

Edit: Used the word "love" too much. Felt the need to apologize . . . love, hahaha jk.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards