November 2014 Weddings
Options

bachelorette party question

My bachelorette party is actually later on today and it will be myself, my MOH and 3 friends. My MOH made reservations and confirmed yesterday. I got a text from a friend saying that 2 of her friends are going and I have met them before. Are bachelorette party supposed to be just with people you know? Every one is paying for their own meal , my MOH is not paying for everyone. I don't want to sound mean and tell my friend not to bring them but at the same time I only want to be with my friends.

Re: bachelorette party question

• Options
    It's up to you, finances, and your friends.  I totally understand the arrangement of your MOH not paying for everyone, as that shizz can get expensive and it isnt the MOH's "Duty" anyway. There's no rule about the guest list for a bachelorette that I am aware of.  Some people broadcast it as a public event, others just go out on the town with their mom.  Whatever you want!

I did not have a bachelorette, but if I did, I'd only want to do it with my bridesmaids.  I don't like a lot of attention.

If the other 2 people come along, it might not be so bad.  You might make some new friends today :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @goldchocobo‌ it is an intimate gathering with myself, MOH and 3 of my closest friends. I rather not have anyone else to join in, especially if I do not know them. If it was a regular party, I would not mind at all bc I like to make new friends. The part that upsets me is that she didn't ask. She told me that she is bringing her 2 friends. It is too late to change bc the reservation is today at 5pm and the place opens today at 445pm
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Tell your friends that they aren't invited to the wedding, so you would feel incredibly uncomfortable having them at a wedding related party.

ETA:  Technically it is an etiquette violation to have anyone at a pre-wedding party (engagement/ bridal shower/ bachelorette) that isn't invited to the wedding.

Also, if I were the friends of the friend, I would decline, as I would feel really uncomfortable going to a stranger's bachelorette.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a little behind - just wondering how it all went.
  • Options
    @hikebikebemerry‌ and @April192002‌ Update: So technically she called me and asked if her friends can come. I told her that i don't want to sound rude but since I do not know them, it wouldn't be appropriate for them to come. Then she said that her friend is going through tough time and she's not mentally there. Apparently her friend is going through a divorce. Her friend knew abt the bachelorette so she invited herself. That made me feel even more awkward. Then she asked if she can call and make a reservation for them and they can sit separate table and that she would hop 2 tables. However, she told me to call the place to see if they can change reservation. I told her that unfortunately it's only for 4 ppl. There is a cover charge per person. So basically i saw my friend with her 2 friends. To make this story short, she stayed with her 2 friends the whole time and not even sat at my table. She lied to them saying that it was her birthday so she can get a special shout out. I was very upset but I didn't let that ruin my night. I had a blast
  • Options
    What upsets me is that this plan was made weeks in advance. Also, I have know my friend for over a decade and she knows her friend less than a decade
  • Options
    Why would a person go to a bach of a person she didnt know while going through a divorce?  Bachelorettes are not opportunities for therapy sessions!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @goldchocobo‌ I have no idea. It was very awkward. I was not expecting that to happen. It was like my friend wasn't part of my bachelorette party. She had the nerve to tag me and her friends on fb saying, "enjoying a girls night."
  • Options
    Wow! I hope this is the end of awkwardness and "troubles" of your wedding...and everything else is smooth sailing from here. At least you didn't let that get you down last night!
  • Options
    @April192002‌ Thank you! :-) I hope so too! I got less than 2 weeks to go!
  • Options
    Less than 14 days...AWESOME!!! Just shrug anything else off and enjoy this time, and your future with your FI!
  • Options
  • Options
    @smilyaries

What a bummer!  :(  What a weird situation!

Sorry your friend was being a bit of a jerk.. hope that you were able to have fun with your other friends!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards