Not Engaged Yet
Options

Halloween Questions!

edited October 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Since this Friday is Halloween and I'm excited since we are in a neighborhood with a billion kids and we have never been in that kind of environment before. We are looking forward to our doorbell ringing off the hook this Friday.

1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid?

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore?

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy?

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie?

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party?

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating?

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies?

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol?

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear?

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides?

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins?

Re: Halloween Questions!

• Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat with you were a kid?
    Oh yes!
    I think my favorite costume was this Geenie costume I wore when I was around 1st grade age. I was super cold because we were PA at the time but I loved it!
    Definitely Kit Kat bars
    I love Hocus Pocus and Casper
    We are having some friends over and handing out candy as we eat chili and drink cider
    I think I really stopped trick or treating when I was 13 and I would just hang out with my friends really instead of go get candy by that time.
    We were thinking about dressing up Maddux as a baseball player, if we will allow us lol.
    I TP'd a house once when I was in high school. 
    I've always loved it when people dress up as Minions lol. I think it's hilarious.
    NOPE! I'm terrified of them.
    If I have a stencil. I would rather paint them.
  • Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat with you were a kid? Oh yes.  if it involved candy, I was there.

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore?  I went as a webworm one year...you know those really irritating little worms that make big webs in trees?  Oklahoma had an infestation of them one year, and my mother made me a costume and I carried around cheesecloth to make my webs.  Won me a costume contest.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy?  Reese's peanut butter cups

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie?  Probably Hocus Pocus

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party?  Sitting at home watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix and drinking wine.  My neighborhood isn't a big trick-or-treating neighborhood.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating?  I quite for a while after about 5th or 6th grade, and then in high school a group of friends and I went again.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies?  Not this year.  Smudge doesn't have anywhere to go either!

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol?  Nope.  I'm super boring and I like rules.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear?  On Saturday, we were driving back from Kansas and stopped to get some dinner.  A family walked in with a little boy in a green spandex suit.  I figured he was the Green Lantern or something, but he looked right at me and said "I am a blade of grass for Halloween."

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides?  NO.  I do not like scary things at all.

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins?  Also no.  But I am good at roasting pumpkin seeds and eating them.
  • Options
    yes!!!

I remember being a mouse one year, except I couldn't actually go trick-or-treating because I had strep throat.  there is also a really cute picture of me when I was little bitty as a leopard!

SNICKERS

I don't really have one!

we are handing out candy while I study this year.  I bought some sparkling pumpkin and apple cider to drink while we pass out the candy.

I don't remember!

maybe!  we have a hot dog costume and a clown costume.  it depends on what kind of day Bax is having (if he's having an off day, we won't put a costume on him)

nope

I don't know about "coolest" but one year a family visited with a toddler as Pooh and a baby as a honey pot.  SO CUTE.

I like hayrides, but nothing haunted.

I'm okay!  we used to carve pumpkins every year, but I wanted to keep the pumpkins until closer to Thanksgiving, so we didn't carve any this year.
  • Options

Yes!

Gumby

Butterfingers

Hocus Pocus

None of the above. I don't like Halloween as an adult. I'd love to give out candy, but we don't get any trick-or-treaters :-(

Probably about 12?

I would love to, but my pup would never forgive me.

nope.

I'm drawing a blank. I do remember when I was younger someone was dressed up as a cell phone - when cell phones were NEW - and I thought it was super cool and original, haha!

Hay rides! I'm not a fan of haunted houses.

I haven't tried in years! I do want to paint some pumpkins though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
      Absolutely.
      I don't remember...a princess probably.

Almond Joys....love, love, love.

Does Harry Potter count?  I can't think of one and hate scary movies.

Already handed out candy this last weekend.  Friday I'm going to my sister's Haloween party as well.

I think I was 12.

No costume fits him! :( Unless I just drape a sheet around him.  :)  

Nope.

Heidi Klum has had some cool ones over the years.

Nope, nope, nope.
      Meh, just ok.  I carved one this year that was pretty basic.
  • Options
    Yup.
    I don't really have a favorite. 
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    The Corpse Bride. Unpopular Opinion - I hate Hocus Pocus. 
    Handing out candy.
    I stopped after elementary school.
    No
    No.
    My crowd isn't really into costumes.
    Nope, they are way overpriced and I have yet to see one that was really well done.
    I'm pretty good, BF is really good at it.

• Options
    yep. Every year.

I have 2; In 2010 I went as John Dillenger's girfriend Billie Frechette and last year H and I went as the Joker and Harley Quinn.

Milk Duds and Reece's Pieces

Watching The Nightmare Before Christmas is a tradition for H and I.

Going to a bar

I was 12...and dressed as Darth Maul. lol.

Our dog has a mummy sweater that he will wear but my cat tries to kill me if I put anything on her.

My friends and I use to TP people late at night.

I dont really know. I've seen a lot of really neat and creative costumes over the years.

YES AND YES.

I really suck at carving pumpkins but I love to do it.
    Anniversary

• Options

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear?  On Saturday, we were driving back from Kansas and stopped to get some dinner.  A family walked in with a little boy in a green spandex suit.  I figured he was the Green Lantern or something, but he looked right at me and said "I am a blade of grass for Halloween."

I'M DYING.  That is great.
    Anniversary

• Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Absolutely! My neighborhood was one of the better ones to go trick or treating in. Parents would drive their kids into my neighborhood because it was a safe area too.

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? As a kid, my yellow Power Ranger costume. As an adult, tie between a pirate and the Big Bad Wolf.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? 3 Musketeers.

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus.

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? My apartment complex is having a murder mystery party on the roof (where the pool is), so we are going to that, and then probably going out to some of the bars with our neighbors. And yes, we will be in costume. I am going as Red Riding Hood.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? I think either 13 or 14. I had much more fun handing out candy at my house after that. We lived on a corner and my parents would deck out the house, including a flying bat on the inside (on an invisible line). I had fun scaring the kids with the bat. But then I would give them a handful of awesome candy, and they were okay.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? We don't have any fur babies yet. :(.

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? Not that I can think of.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? At a party a few years ago in college, a guy made a Deadmau5 mouse head complete with light up eyes. It was amazing.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Love them!

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Not at all.

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid?  Every year

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? fairy princess-- I first got this costume to be Thumbelina, and then wore the same costume for a few years until I outgrew it.  (As an adult my favorite costume was a pin-up shot girl)

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Reese's

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Probably just hand out candy.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? I want to say 13

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? They hate clothes, I have tried to dress them up but they destroy everything.

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? No I'm boring

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? I love the creative DIY costumes.  Last year I saw a baby in the most adorable costume.  He had lipstick all over him and a sign that said "Kissing Booth $0.25"

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Nope

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Yeah, I'm usually the one who carves all of the pumpkins so I can bake the seeds. 
  • Options
    Yep, every year!

When I was a kid, I was a witch every year except for 2 years when I was Cat Woman.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, and Candy Corn

HALLOWEEN, DUH.

H is moving us out of our apartment during the day, I'll meet him there that night to help with last minute stuff and cleaning.

Until I went to college.

Lucy has a cow costume somewhere but I have no idea where.

In college, 4 of my girlfriends and I toilet papered our guy friends' apartment in Tribeca (NYC). We did a damn good job. 

My friend's boyfriend is a designer and spends the entire year working on their costumes. They were The Wizard of Oz one year and their costumes were just incredible. 

Yep! I love all things scary :)

No. I'm the WORST.

• Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? I actually only ever trick or treated once. My parents always took us to a fall festival for kids at our school when we were little, then we moved into an actual neighborhood and were DESPERATE to trick or treat. I was 12 the year we finally went, and that was my one and only year.

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? I once dressed up as Ribsy, because our teacher read us that book in class one year and I loved it. My mom did an awesome job on that costume.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Milky Ways.

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Don't really have one.

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? I was looking forward to handing out candy and maybe doing up a little costume - nothing fancy, maybe just a dress and witch's hat - but my friend may have a last-minute get-together. There will be food and alcohol and scary movies. So I will probably go to that.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? Like I said, I just went the one time when I was twelve.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? No furbabies to dress up :( Haha, but I wouldn't, I always feel so bad for the poor doggies and kitties!

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? Nope! But my dad works really hard every year to scare the crap out of me, usually by pretending to be a kid trick or treating and then suddenly doing something creepy or chasing me around. He's usually really good at it, but last year he didn't get me!

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? Not really sure.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? I love both! Anything like that I LOVE.

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? I have never been all that into carving pumpkins, but I hypothesize that I would suck at it. I'm not particularly artsy.
  • Options

. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid?

Yes

When I was about 4 I was Orphan Annie
    I love Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and Twix almost anything chocolate
    not sure....The Exorcist may be

Handing out candy when I get home from work on Friday
    Saturday we are supposed to be going to a party, we only know the host though, the only people showing up is his girlfriend's friends....
    I don't remember
    Nope
    Nope
    I don't know
    I like both but I haven't done any in a few years
    Nope, H is, we haven't carved pumpkins in a few years though.

Anniversary

• Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Yes, although I ended up stopping in middle school, due to problems getting organized with friends.

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? Chell from Portal 2.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? All of it? Probably Milky Way bars.

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? I don't have one, but I do like to watch Supernatural episodes on Halloween.

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? NOTHING. I have an infusion on Halloween, so I'm going to be too tired to go to the parties we've been invited to. We don't get trick-or-treaters either.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? I stopped going regularly when I was 12.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? It's nearly impossible to get a parakeet into a costume, so we're not attempting it.

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? Nope. I'm a goody-two-shoes.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? Couple years ago, a friend went as Joe Biden, but specifically Joe Biden In Aviators Bringing Dunkin Donuts.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Not really.

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Surprisingly decent, given that I've only done it once in my entire life!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

Every year.

I remember really liking my princess Jasmine costume a lot when I was a kid.

I don't discriminate.  Though I really dislike candy corn.

Hocus Pocus, but my favorite scary movie is Stephen King's The Storm of the Century.

Um, probably busting into a bag of candy and majorly vegging out.  I'm not kidding.  I'm still jet lagged and I need to let my body catch up.  Not to mention the insane amount of laundry that needs to get done around my house.

Middle school, I think?

I want to.  Jeremy thinks it's a waste of money because they'd take it right off.

Not that I can recall.

Heidi Klum's costumes are pretty badass, though obviously I've never seen them first hand.

Houses, meh.  Hayrides, yes!  Though I haven't been to one in forever.

I haven't tried in a really long time.
  • Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Yes!!

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? Elvis

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Reese's 

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Going to a costume party! 

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? I was in High School, so 15ish?

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? No, they'd never forgive me

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? No

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? My friend had one of those blow up sumo wrestler suits

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? No, I'm a big chicken!

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Only with a stencil
  • Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? YES!!!!!!!!!

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? Ummm maybe the year I went as a the red Power Ranger cause I couldn't find a pink Power Ranger costume.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Anything chocolate, especially the Hershey Bars.

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Handing out candy and dressing up my dog as a cheerleader.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? 13 or 14.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? YES! Poor poor Cinders.

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? Haha no, not yet anyway.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? Teenwolf at @southernpeach89's bachelorette in Savannah.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Ummm maybe hayrides more...houses scare me a lot!!

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Not really but I do it anyway cause it's fun!

• Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? YES!!

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore?  I only remember my least fav... a clown, I'm terrified of clowns but my parents made me wear the clown costume anyway.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy?currently Cadbury Scream Eggs

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Nightmare Before Christmas  ; honorable mention goes to The Haunting (original black and white).

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party?  Either passing out candy or bunkering down watching movies

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating?  13 was the last year I went out

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies?  I dress Nessie up as a St Bernard. . .

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? No, I'm pretty boring

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear?  Full Ghostbuster outfit

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Yes

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins?  Nope, I use a stencil and still isn't that great

This Halloween Display lives in my neighborhood:
    This year he has Optimus, Bumblebee, Barricade and the Twins out.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @dignity100 holy transformers!  That is awesome! 
  • Options

On the Transformers note............ Last year my cousin's two boys went as transformers. Their dad made them costumes out of boxes, so that when they laid on the ground they looked like a sports car and a semi cab. Then they could stand up and look like robots. It was incredible!

1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Definitely. We lived out in the country, though, so we didn't go to too many houses. Mostly just stopped by to see friends, and they would have bags of candy/caramel corn pre-made for us.

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? One year I was a butterfly and got my mom to paint my face! Totally forgot it was painted, multiple times, and when my face was itchy I would scratch it! I don't think I made it to the first house without it being smeared.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Yes. Candy is my favorite. (But probably flavored tootsie rolls)

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Rocky Horror Picture Show. But I love that all of you are mentioning Hocus Pocus. Bette Midler is fabulous!

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Hanging out. We don't get kids, because we don't have a sidewalk. :(

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? I have no clue!

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? I found the greatest unicorn costume at TJ Maxx. Decided to save the money for christmas presents though, since I'm the only one who would get to appreciate the costume anyways.

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? I don't think so! My dad LOVED when we moved into a house with a mail slot in the door, because he'd open the slot and yell 'WHOISIT?" and scare the kids before opening and giving them candy.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? I'm not sure I remember a coolest. But hilarious, yes, I remember multiple Lance Armstrongs a couple of years ago, with bike outfits/helmets, rubber bracelets and fake needles sticking out of their arms.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Nope. I get quite scared.

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Yes, although I get bored quickly. I made an evil santa pumpkin last year that I designed myself. I would have liked to post a picture, but my work computer is blowing pretty hard today.

• Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Yep!

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? I don't remember.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Almond Joys.

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Nightmare Before Christmas.

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Probably going to gaming and maybe working on putting together show inventory. Odds are I won't be home when the trick-or-treaters are out. Sadface.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? I probably stopped around 12 or so.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? Nope, I haven't found a pet costume that will fit Ellie-belle.

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? Nope.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? I can't remember any really cool ones.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? Nope, I'm easily scared.

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? With stencils!
  • Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Yes

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? I was a cat like 2-3 years in a row :)

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? The colored tootsie rolls.

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? Nightmare Before Christmas.

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Haven't decided yet.  BF's ex- invited us to go with her and her daughter if we wanted to.  (This is the first year his kids are not going, so I've gone every year with her/them for since...2007?) Our street doesn't get a lot of trick-or-treaters.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? 11 I think.

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? Nope.  I have considered making an eskimo costume one of these years to dress up with the dog, however ;)

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? No.

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? I don't usually see a lot of cool ones around halloween.  I'm a cosplayer though, so I see a ton of cool costumes on a regular basis ;) 

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? It's been a while since I've done one.  They're fun enough, but I'm super jumpy and usually get embarrassed about it :) at least I acknowledge it and can laugh about it!

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? I've been a while since I've done any real pumpkins, but I do enjoy carving funkins :)  I usually end up making my own stencils.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    1. Did you Trick or Treat when you were a kid? Yes, but I always hated that my mom would make me wear a coat over the costume. 

2. What was your favorite costume that you ever wore? My mother made a Rainbow Bright costume one year (1st grade maybe?)

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Junior Mints I have already eaten all the candy I bough to handout (and now we will not be here, and we don't get many kids here anyway.)

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie? The Nightmare before Christmas 

5. What are you doing this year? Handing out candy? Going to a party? Were dressing up and going to explore the craziness this city has to offer.

6. Until what age did you stop trick or treating? Maybe 15, I love candy

7. Are you dressing up your fur babies? No the cats would not enjoy this, and there would be blood!

8. Have you ever committed a Halloween Prank/Trick lol? Yes, one year I added plastic roaches to the candy bowl and added them to some of the bags of candy. 

9. What's the coolest costume you have seen someone else wear? One night at the bar a man was dressed as a farmer and had an strategically placed sheep.

10. Do you like haunted houses or haunted hayrides? YES I worked at one for many years. 

11. Are you good at carving pumpkins? Sometimes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards