Chit Chat
Options

I made schedules!

So FI left the day of schedules (and the rehearsal the day before) in my capable hands. Guys I love to plan out schedules. So I'm proud of them and I'm gonna show you lot cause I can.

Rehersal (yeah this one is easy)
-5pm-7pm come by and decorate if you want we'll have snacks 
-7pm-7:30pm actually rehearse (hoping this doesn't take longer then 30 minutes, it's walking in a straight line, I have confidence in my friends and family)
-7:30pm time to get some grub
-9:00pm have a few drinks to celebrate Halloween

We're keeping the rehearsal small to just the participants for the day. Our parents, our bridal peoples, the officiant, I think that's all. And of course SO's. FSIL, who is our flower girl, is gonna come by during decorating time to show off her costume, we're going to do a quick here's how you'll walk with her then and then let her go off and trick or treat. Again, it's a straight line. I know she's only 7 but I think she can do it. 

WEDDING DAY!!
10am: Get up and go get breakfast.
11:30-1:00pm: FI and I are getting our nails and hair did. 
1:00pm: Get lunch, yay lunch!
3:00pm: Check in at hotel
4:00pm: Meet up with family at hotel for pre-ceremony drinks.
4:30pm: Head over to the place and finish getting ready
5:30pm: Bridal party should be there by now. Pre-ceremony cocktails and appetizers will be available for any early birds.
6:00pm-6:30pm (ish): Get hitched
6:30pm-7:30pm: Photos for us, cocktail hour for guests. We're hoping this won't actually take a full hour.
7:30pm: Annouce us, we do first dance right away, after that dinner gets served. Yay dinner! We'll do table vistis right after we finish dinner, so while everyone else is eating.
8:00/30pm (depending on how long table visits take): Dance with our dads. Then open the floor up to everyone else.
9:00pm CAKE cutting, toasts. 
11:30pm late night snack time! Sliders, pretzel bites, mini chimichangas, and boozy cupcakes.
2am: You don't have to go home but you can't stay here! Thanks for coming!

I think I might build in a nap between lunch and checking in at our hotel. 

Ok not a schedule but cereamony order:
Brother A seats step mom 1
Brother B seats step mom 2
Bridal party goes
FSIL goes
FI with her dads
Me with my mom and dad
Officiant welcomes everyone
Step-moms do Irish blessing
We do vows we wrote ourselves
Friend does reading
Unity cocktail
Officiant does her speech bit, we exchange rings, then we make out.
We go out first, then FSIL, then the bridal party.

Re: I made schedules!

• Options
    Ooooh, I love the unity cocktail!  What's going to be in it?
  • Options
    I love everything except making out. Other people making out weirds me out - especially at a wedding ceremony.

Anyone else agree or am I an old lady pearl-clutcher?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    I love everything except making out. Other people making out weirds me out - especially at a wedding ceremony.

Anyone else agree or am I an old lady pearl-clutcher?
    Um...it's just the "kiss the bride" part. I was being funny. I'm not gonna finger bang my wife at the alter. We're just gonna kiss. Same as I'm sure you did/will with your husband. 
    Okay - sorry I didn't catch it. It wasn't anything personal related to your sexuality. Really. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

MagicInk said:
    Ooooh, I love the unity cocktail!  What's going to be in it?
    It's gonna be a Manhattan made with bourbon. So bourbon, sweet vermouth, and a dash of bitters. Because marriage should be always smooth (bourbon), often sweet (vermouth), and sometimes you gotta deal with just a little bitter (dash of bitters). Plus they're YUMMY.
    Now I'm thirsty!  Are you going to explain it that way as you mix the drink?  That is awesome!  I'm not usually a fan of unity ceremonies, but I love this one!
  • Options
    Looks great.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Haha whenever we talked about our ceremony order, then-FI would interject "and then I get to make out with your face?" "...and THEN I get to make out with your face?" "WHEN do I get to make out with your face?!" He even asked the pastor "and then we make out?" But no, we didn't actually make out.

Your schedules sound awesome!

• Options
    Haha whenever we talked about our ceremony order, then-FI would interject "and then I get to make out with your face?" "...and THEN I get to make out with your face?" "WHEN do I get to make out with your face?!" He even asked the pastor "and then we make out?" But no, we didn't actually make out.

Our officiant may very well say "So make out now!" or something like that. Because she's like that. Which is awesome.
  • Options

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Sounds like the perfect day! Those are some serious scheduling skills, I need to learn your ways.

____________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    MagicInk said:

Our officiant may very well say "So make out now!" or something like that. Because she's like that. Which is awesome.
    Our pastor got to the end and said "and now... (looks at Jake) you've been waiting a long time for this! (everybody laughs) go ahead and kiss your bride." :)

• Options
    Sounds like the perfect day! Those are some serious scheduling skills, I need to learn your ways.
    I fully blame my parents. I had divorced parents and a shit ton of activites to get to, they put me in charge of figuring out how to make all the schedules work together. I can't clean or cook, but I can schedule and orgnizie like no one's business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards