Maine
Options

Do Not Hire Sam's Great Northern Lobster Bake

I'll share details if you like, but this caterer was a huge headache. Horrible communication, horrible planning, increased the bill by $1400 over the quoted price (with no guest amount increase), had me in tears 2 days before the wedding, were unreachable unti lthe morning of the wedding. Incredibly rude, and on the day of the wedding, so unorganized they served dinner 30 minutes late, which meant 30 less minutes of dancing. Unprofessional and incredibly rude. They shouldn't claim that they can serve weddings, or any function with over 50 people.

Re: Do Not Hire Sam's Great Northern Lobster Bake

• Options
    Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. That must have been very disappointing to you, I'm sorry they were turds on your special day. Thank you for posting this for future brides to be. I hope you still had a great wedding and congratulations on a special day. Also, feel free to vent more if you need to.
  • Options
    Sorry for your expirience :( I hope you were able to enjoy you day otherwise!
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience!

I must say though, I just recently hired them to cater my wedding in Boothbay, ME, and they were absolutely fantastic!! Easy communication (sometimes I would have to leave a phone message when I called, but someone would always return the call promptly), very friendly and polite, and they were happy to 'go with the flow' when suddenly 2 days before the wedding several of my guests decided they didn't want lobster but wanted chicken instead. 

On the day of the wedding they were prompt, professional, and cooked up a FANTASTIC lobster bake!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards