Attire & Accessories Forum

Champagne Dresses... shoe color?

Title pretty much says it all.  I'm trying to decided what color shoe to get for the bridesmaids.

I'm thinking either black, or possibly nude... black would definitely be easiest but would it look funny?
The girl below is obviously wearing silver, but it's been ingrained into me to never mix gold and silver.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Champagne Dresses... shoe color?

• Champagne is not gold, it is a neutral, like tan.  So really any color would work.  I would just tell your BMs to wear whatever black shoe they want because almost everyone has a nice black shoe.

• Okay, so I'm not weird.  I originally thought black, but I asked my mom's opinion on it and she thinks it would look weird.  Ultimately she will support whatever I choose to go with, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one who thought it would look nice :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Okay, so I'm not weird.  I originally thought black, but I asked my mom's opinion on it and she thinks it would look weird.  Ultimately she will support whatever I choose to go with, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one who thought it would look nice :)
    How in the world did she think it would look weird?  The picture you posted has a black sash around the waist so of course black shoes will go.  Black goes with pretty much anything and everything.

• I agree with black!
  • Black. 
    How in the world did she think it would look weird?  The picture you posted has a black sash around the waist so of course black shoes will go.  Black goes with pretty much anything and everything.
    I agree a black shoe would look nice with these dresses! Good pick.

If your mom is like me, sometimes I have a tendency to think that black shoes look "heavy" or "bottom heavy", depending on the outfit. I'm not sure why I think this, but maybe the opinion came from something like that lol. 

• I agree a black shoe would look nice with these dresses! Good pick.

If your mom is like me, sometimes I have a tendency to think that black shoes look "heavy" or "bottom heavy", depending on the outfit. I'm not sure why I think this, but maybe the opinion came from something like that lol. 
    I think you nailed it, honestly.  I think she maybe feels it's a bit too bold and will detract from the pretty champagne color.  I think they'll look sharp - I'm a huge fan of contrast!

And thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I normally would say black would look weird with a champagne colored dress. But with that black sash, I think it will look great. 

• I agree a black shoe would look nice with these dresses! Good pick.

I think you nailed it, honestly.  I think she maybe feels it's a bit too bold and will detract from the pretty champagne color.  I think they'll look sharp - I'm a huge fan of contrast!

And thank you!
    I think it would only look that way if people were wearing knee high boots.  But if they are wearing a nice heeled sandal or a peep toe pump it will look great.

Also, none of your guests will remotely care about what kind of shoes your wedding party is wearing.

• If you are doing a black sash I really like the idea of black shoes...plus what maggie said, no one notices what shoes the BM's are wearing...I couldn't tell you what any of my girls wore and the wedding was just over two months ago!  (Nor did I notice at the last two weddings i attended this month!)

• Black. 

Unless they're wearing booties, I don't think it'll look "bottom heavy". Plus I can literally not remember what BMs wore on their feet for any wedding I've been to ever. No one cares about this. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I had a champagne wedding dress and I wore black shoes, and my bridesmaid dresses were black, and the men wore black tuxes. 

• I personally really like it when the shoes only match a tiny bit of the outfit (like with how the shoes would only be matching the sash.)

I say go with black. Black is probably the most common shoe color in a woman's closet, so it's less likely your bridesmaids will have to buy new shoes, which is a major bonus in my book!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards