Attire & Accessories Forum

Sashes and belts - coulda/shoulda

One week post-wedding and just want to say... I loved everything about my wedding dress, and I paired it with a ribbon sash with a flowery thing on it off to the side. The sash wasn't attached to the dress, it just tied around my waist with a bow in the back. Going back through my pictures now I realize that by the cake cutting, the flower had migrated to exactly the middle of my stomach. So not a super big deal, but I really wish someone had told me! Or that I had thought to use one small piece of fashion tape to keep it in place! Just a tip for others using sashes or belts that aren't attached to your dress... those things can move while you prance around your reception!

Re: Sashes and belts - coulda/shoulda

• Thats a good tip!  It also goes to show how little you pay attention to all those details you are fretting over once your at your wedding day!  There were so many little things that changed/flowed better on the day of and not once did I notice or care!
  • I was so worried mine was going to move around, since I didn't think to use tape or have it sewn in either. Luckily it stayed put all night (no idea how that happened). But I second your advice, if only to eliminate having to worry about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards