Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Can you see candles lit at a daytime wedding?

L&D are going to have an afternoon wedding and love candles. However, I am wondering, how much should we focus on the candles? Since it will be lighter out, will they still look nice lit during the day, or will the glow not really show until later on?

Thanks!

Re: Can you see candles lit at a daytime wedding?

• Options
    Consider whether your venue even allows candles before you get attached to this idea.

Next, consider the logistics.  If it's outside, or in a venue that's breezy/fans/etc., they're tough to keep lit if they aren't in hurricane or other vases.  How long do you need them to last?  The cheap ones can burn down quickly into a puddle of wax.  That puddle of wax needs to be contained.

In general, candles are a pretty big PITA once you're keeping them lit.  
  • Options
    I'm assuming your events will be taking place outside? If so, I think this is kind of a waste of your money since you won't really get the glow look that it sounds like you're going for. Also, as @atlastmrsg pointed out, there are a fair amount of logistics that go into having a bunch of candles.

If inside, see if you can dim the lights to emphasize the candles. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I like candles, especially at weddings, but they definitely do not have the same glowing/romantic/intimate effect during the day that they have at night.
    imageimage
    image.
  • Options
    Our wedding started at 4:00 and we had candles. You could definitely tell they were lit and I think it looked nicer than just having them sit there unlit, but it definitely didn't have the soft romantic candle glow that it would at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards