Favors

What do people really think of Koozies?

Love 'em? Hate 'em? Take 'em or leave 'em?
It seems like EVERYONE in my area does these for their wedding and I don't really have any strong feelings on the subject.
We'd probably only do enough for our rehearsal dinner and not for the entire event - 300 people. So we'd order about 50 just to give to our closest family and friends.
I guess it won't really be a favor because we would not hand them out during the wedding reception.

What are your thoughts? We have the $$ ...do we spend it or save it for our honeymoon in Vegas?

Re: What do people really think of Koozies?

• I HATE THEM.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Haha! Tell me what you really think :)  I totally figured there are a good number of people who are not a fan. So if you saw a wedding party member at the reception with one, but wasn't offered one you wouldn't be offended?
  • Probably would end up in the trash never used. Unless you happen to be doing cans for drinks at the reception. Even then, I've never really been one to use them afterwards. Think of this, when you hang out with your family & friends, do you ever notice them using them? If the answer is no, then save the money & have fun with the money on your honeymoon
  • That's a good way to think of it. So the answer is Yes, my friends and family use them all the time when we get together. That's how I know so many people in my area do them at weddings, because everyone uses one from the most recent wedding they went to. There won't be cans at the reception, but I would get the ones that fit around bottles too.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • Hate them.  I would leave them behind, or toss them in the trash when I got home.

• No, I would not be offended that I didn't get one and the wedding party did because I truly despise them. I even hate the WORD Koozie. However, some of your guests who DO like them might be offended.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I also don't care for koozies

Anniversary
  • afaber24 said:
    Haha! Tell me what you really think :)  I totally figured there are a good number of people who are not a fan. So if you saw a wedding party member at the reception with one, but wasn't offered one you wouldn't be offended?
    I'm a big supporter of offering the same things to your guests as you would to the bridal party at the reception.... but I really just don't see the point of koozies.

• I hate them.  Save the money for the slots or tables in Vegas!
  • I loath the word "koozie".  It's a COZY damnit.

I wouldn't take one, but H would.  If it keeps his beer cold, he doesn't care too much about what it says on it.  I don't usually drink things that one puts a cozy on.
  • We use them. We had a cookout yesterday and we were digging them out of the drawer for everyone. We used at least 15 of them because everyone was drinking beer outside and wanted them. They all said different things or had different designs on them and nobody cared what they said. 

I think they are definitely a know your crowd thing, but I would take one from a wedding and use it at home even with someone else's name on it.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love koozies & use them all the time, but I have a million and do not need any more. Ever. 

• ok... honestly. How long does it take you to drink a beer at an outdoor barbecue that you are concerned about it getting warm? And, I would think, if the event is casual enough for a friggin koozie, you aren't super dressed up, and aren't worried about the can sweating. I really don't understand the appeal at all.
  • The only "koozie" I ever use is a cocktail napkin wrapped around the can.  And I only do that because I hate holding a cold, wet can in my hands for an extended period of time.  One would think that with that line of thinking that I would be all for a koozie, but I am not.  We have a few at home (shoved in a drawer somewhere) and I still don't use them but rather use my tried and true napkin method because it just works.

• ok... honestly. How long does it take you to drink a beer at an outdoor barbecue that you are concerned about it getting warm? And, I would think, if the event is casual enough for a friggin koozie, you aren't super dressed up, and aren't worried about the can sweating. I really don't understand the appeal at all.
    I'm usually not concerned about it getting warm. I'm more in the camp that Maggie is in that I don't want to have to keep wiping off my hand every time I set my beer down or go to do something else because it's all wet. DH uses a napkin sometimes, but that drives me crazy because they get all wet and start falling apart. 

I think this is really a personal preference thing. Some people love them and some people hate them. Either way isn't better though, just different.
  • I like koozies but wouldn't be upset if I didn't get one. We have a ton of them that have all different things on them.

• I don't hate them, but wouldn't associate them with anything wedding-related at all. I especially think it would be a waste to do at the rehearsal dinner (as opposed to the reception, where you typically give out favors). So for me it's a no-brainer: spend the $$$ on your honeymoon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I would never, ever use it.  I wouldn't take it home with me.  Instead, I'd probably try to give it to someone else who was there and seemed excited for it just because I wouldn't want it to go to waste.

If you're not actually giving them as wedding favors, I agree with others who said to save the money and put it to better use somewhere else.
  • I have never owned a koozie, or used a koozie, and still dont think I ever will.... LOL
  • To update, I got 75 koozies. We gave them out at our rehearsal dinner - 4th of July party, not at the reception. All 75 were snatched up quickly. We only had 2 left that I had left at home. And then we went to the lake house with DH's family this weekend and several of them brought their koozies to the lake! 
    I guess it is a know your crowd kind of deal. My crowd is a fan!
  • Glad it worked out!
  • Don't like them. 
  • I actually really like koozies and think they're a cute gift, but I'm not using them as favors at my wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ven&Radio said:
    I loath the word "koozie".  It's a COZY damnit.

I wouldn't take one, but H would.  If it keeps his beer cold, he doesn't care too much about what it says on it.  I don't usually drink things that one puts a cozy on.
    No. 

To OP, I use koozies all the time but I hate them as favors. Food/candy/liqour is always the safest option, imo. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited October 2014
    I hate them! Save your money besides if everyone in your area does them then your guests probably have more than enough koozies to last a lifetime. I'd forgo the favors or do something edible if you are trying to keep costs down for the whole 300 people.

ETA damnit I need to start looking at the dates on these things!
  • edited October 2014
    I honestly LIKE koozies! (I didn't know I was all alone on this!) But that's probably because where I am from, I have never seen them done before. With that said, I wouldn't like them at a wedding. Not every guest will be drinking, or at least drinking out of a bottle or can. That said, I like the idea of giving them out to the bridal party, if you want to include them. As a guest, I wouldn't be offended if the bridal party had something that I didn't because they are guests of honor in a sense.
  • afaber24 said:
    To update, I got 75 koozies. We gave them out at our rehearsal dinner - 4th of July party, not at the reception. All 75 were snatched up quickly. We only had 2 left that I had left at home. And then we went to the lake house with DH's family this weekend and several of them brought their koozies to the lake! 
    I guess it is a know your crowd kind of deal. My crowd is a fan!
    It's so weird that people are still commenting on this post. Must not be much action on this page.
    Here's the update that I posted several weeks ago.

The koozies (that were NOT our favors) were a big hit and people continued to use them.

Just FYI our favors were mini cheesecakes in little take home boxes. I figured people would take 1 or 2 but it seemed that everyone took 3-4 because some of the wedding party didn't get them. NBD though, they got plenty of dessert!
  • Since you no longer need advice, I'm going to close this.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards