New Jersey
Options

HELP WITH MUSIC!

Hey everyone!

So I am getting married in May in Philly, but my fiancé and I live in North Jersey. We are using all Philly area vendors though. The missing piece is music! I am finding it impossible to meet with Philly based bands and band leaders because we can't attend showcases on weeknights...I don't want to go on word of mouth or reviews alone. I need to hear the bands! Anyway, I was wondering, for those of you who are using/have used live music, who are you going with? I need some recommendations in the Central/North Jersey area, so I can attend showcases on weeknights. Any recommendations would be soooo appreciated, since I am new to Jersey.

Thanks!! :)

Re: HELP WITH MUSIC!

• Options

Hi! I have been searching for the perfect, reasonably priced, band for a few months now. We have attended 3 showcases and finally booked our band this weekend. We are using a band called Silver Arrow Band out of NYC. They travel all over, though. They were the most non-traditional wedding band we saw (no cheesy dance moves or choreography), had AMAZING energy, and played a really wide range of music. We saw them play a showcase for 2 hours at a bar in the city and were blown away. That was the third and final band we saw! If you want contact info or pricing info, PM me. I'd be happy to tell you about the other bands we considered as well. Good luck!

• Options
    Hi amt6,

I was at a wedding here in NJ 2 years ago and they had the Silver Arrow Band. Everyone seemed to really like them, so I'm sure you'll be pleased!

Who else did you consider?
  • Options

Oh great!!! Thanks for the feedback :) I was having trouble finding anyone who had used/seen them, so it's great to hear! We also considered Band of Gold and Ariel Music and Entertainment. They were both very good (we liked Band of Gold better than Ariel), but too choreographed and predictable. Silver Arrow Band had way more character. We also considered Smokin' Section, but since they don't do showcases, we couldn't book them. I couldn't book a band without seeing them live first.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards