Snarky Brides

I guess it's technically not a honeyfund...

I prefer WW's budget tool over TK's and didn't realize I was subscribed to offers, but lo and behold, I just found this in my inbox. I'm just going to leave this here for y'all to revel in, because apparently this is a thing now. 

Re: I guess it's technically not a honeyfund...

• There has to be a catch.

Anniversary
  • Agree they have to be taking a percentage of the "gift".
    Does WW really think guests are going to have that much difficulty putting money/check in a card? Seriously who does this?!?!
  • Oh - yes. If you actually go to the website, there is a 7.5% charge on each "gift". But they are kind enough to let you choose who pays the 7.5% (the giver or the people who "registered"). They also point out that the 7.5% is really a paltry amount when you consider that on a "gift" they would have to pay sales tax and money for wrapping paper so it's practically the same thing. Therefore you should be perfectly ok that either Aunt Doris is giving $100, but you'll only be receiving $92.50 or that Aunt Doris has to give $107.50 in order for you get receive $100 (depending on who you decide pays for it). Funny how they don't mention that I could just shove a hundred dollar bill or a hundred dollar check in your hand for free!
  • I've never been on WW before, so thanks for mentioning it! I just signed up for their budget tool, and I like it a lot better. Hopefully I don't get too many emails about their "gift" deposits.... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • THANK GOD! 

I've been waiting for a solution where I can give my credit card number to yet another online store instead of just write a check from home. PRAISE WEDDING WIRE!! GBCK - wedding wire here I come!
    *********************************************************************************

• Agree they have to be taking a percentage of the "gift". Does WW really think guests are going to have that much difficulty putting money/check in a card? Seriously who does this?!?!
    If you figure it out, please let me know. I don't know anyone who has used a honeyfund--either on the receiving or giving end, and I'd like to know why anyone would contribute to something like this. Convenience? Flashy colors? I don't understand it and I have no one to ask, since everyone who wants to give me money usually just puts it in a card and puts it in my hand. 

• I'm going to start suggesting that if anyone really wants to just get money, all they have to do is post their checking account and routing number on Facebook and Twitter. Easy peasy and no fees!

• rooz103 said:
    Agree they have to be taking a percentage of the "gift". Does WW really think guests are going to have that much difficulty putting money/check in a card? Seriously who does this?!?!
    If you figure it out, please let me know. I don't know anyone who has used a honeyfund--either on the receiving or giving end, and I'd like to know why anyone would contribute to something like this. Convenience? Flashy colors? I don't understand it and I have no one to ask, since everyone who wants to give me money usually just puts it in a card and puts it in my hand. 

I know people who have used Honeyfund. The reason I've heard most often is that people wouldn't know to give money otherwise! You know, cuz we're all stupid and don't realize people like money.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm going to start suggesting that if anyone really wants to just get money, all they have to do is post their checking account and routing number on Facebook and Twitter. Easy peasy and no fees!
    Ugh, my best friend wants to do this for a home remodel instead of a registry.  As well as a PPD.  I'm slowly dying listening to her talk about wedding plans.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards