Second Weddings
Options

A bit of relief

My family is totally excited for the wedding, and I asked my dad about walking me down the aisle (he INSISTED on paying for our wedding ceremony/reception venue, so I said yes), and he is going to walk me down the aisle a second time around. We're now considering my FI's 9 and 10 year old cousins to be our ringbearer and flower girl too. Right now the only wedding party we have is my MOH, the BM, and my daughter will be a bridesmaid as well.

I'm excited about it and happy my family isn't poo pooing it. I wasn't really sure how it was going to go, but so far everyone is on board, excited, and looking forward to the wedding. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A bit of relief

• Options
    excellent news! I know it's a little unnerving when you aren't sure how people are going to react to a second marriage. It's very common nowadays, but you never know what goes through peoples' heads. 

• Options
    Most definitely, and neither of my parents remarried, so I didn't know what to expect. It didn't help that my father thought marriage was a waste unless you're procreating (yeah. Seriously. WTF?). We aren't procreating because I can't have children. I already have a 14 year old daughter and man, that is ENOUGH! LOL!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Most definitely, and neither of my parents remarried, so I didn't know what to expect. It didn't help that my father thought marriage was a waste unless you're procreating (yeah. Seriously. WTF?). We aren't procreating because I can't have children. I already have a 14 year old daughter and man, that is ENOUGH! LOL!!

SIB

We're not having children either. DH has two children from his first marriage (both adults- 20 and 23 this year!) and I have never had any. Neither of us can have a child any more. Two stepdaughters is enough for me, especially since I met them when they were in their early teens!

• Options
    What does SIB mean? I've seen it on this board, but I don't know a lot of the acronyms. 

Yes, teenaged girls are...wow. LOL! Mine just started high school and is pretty busy with marching band and other activities. She's totally excited for the wedding. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SIB is used when your response is stuck inside the quote box. So SIB = "Stuck in Box"

• Options
    Oh! gotcha! LOL! Thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards