Wisconsin

budget reception

My fiancé and I are looking for an affordable venue for our reception.  We are hoping to have the venue food and drinks for $5,000 or less. anyone have any suggestions.  we live in Milwaukee so we are hoping to find something close to where we live but are willing to expand our search a bit more.

Re: budget reception

• edited October 2014

It will depend on your guest list, of course.  We had our wedding at the Marquette Alumni Memorial Union Ballroom, which I would recommend to anyone!  I think we spent more than $5,000 (not a whole lot more, I don't know off the top of my head) but that was with 121 guests.  They will only do wedding receptions in the summer, though.

Good luck with your search!  Finding an affordable venue that would hold all of our potential guests (we invited well over 200) was a pain. I would also suggest checking out The Knot's venue lists, as well as the blog Married in Milwaukee.  They both have very good suggestions!

• There are TONS of venues that fit that bill in the Milwaukee area - as the PP mentioned, the size of your guest list is the main factor...
  • I am doing The Hamilton which the venue itself is 1250 with a bar minimum of 1000 -the lady Kim has a list of preferred caterers but if you have somebody in mind -she might work with you -my wedding is August of next year. Good luck!
  • Nmbass1, are you also able to do the ceremony at The Hamilton? This place is on my list to check out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards