Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Catholic Bride in need of help for Wedding Programs

cbus13cbus13 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited October 2014 in Wedding Invitations & Paper

My fiance and I are having a full mass ceremony in early December, and I have been unable to find a good template or ideas of how the program should look. We picked out our music and have all our readings chosen from our "Together for Life" book, but I have no clue how to format. 

If anyone has any ideas, or can e-mail one that would be so amazing.

Re: Catholic Bride in need of help for Wedding Programs

• Options
    I think your first stop should be to check with your church. They might have requirements for what you use, wording, etc.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I've never seen a Catholic church that had any stipulations on programs.  How detailed do you want it to be?  I have a couple templates I could PM you later. 
  • Options
    Send me a PM. We had a full Mass as well, and I still have our program.
  • Options
    cafarriecafarrie member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    LITURGY OF THE WORD
    FIRST READING – SIRACH 26: 1-4, 13-16 
    RESPONSORIAL PSALM –  I WILL PRAISE YOUR NAME 
    SECOND READING – ROMANS 12: 1-2, 9-18 
    GOSPEL ACCLAMATION 
    GOSPEL READING – JOHN 15: 9-12
    HOMILY

RITE OF MARRIAGE
    EXCHANGE OF VOWS
    EXCHANGE OF RINGS
    UNITY CANDLE - COME AND JOURNEY
    PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL

LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST
    PRESENTATION OF THE GIFTS - WHERE THERE IS LOVE
    EUCHARISTIC PRAYER 
    GREAT AMEN
    THE LORD’S PRAYER
    NUPTIAL BLESSING
    SIGN OF PEACE
    COMMUNION - MAKE ME A CHANNEL OF YOUR PEACE
    FINAL BLESSING

This is the format for the most recent wedding I helped with.  Mine was a little more detailed and in a format I liked more.  However, this is the basic outline for a Catholic Wedding Mass. 

ETF: formatting.
  • Options
    @cafarrie, ours actually required us to include the lyrics to the Gathering Hymn and the Eucharist Hymn.  We also had to include the copyright information for the lyrics.  I'm not sure how common that is, though. 
  • Options
    @cafarrie, ours actually required us to include the lyrics to the Gathering Hymn and the Eucharist Hymn.  We also had to include the copyright information for the lyrics.  I'm not sure how common that is, though. 
    Wow - I sing at LOTS of Catholic weddings and I've never heard of someone required to do that!

OP, I supposed you SHOULD check with your church to see if you have to include/exclude anything specific.  Regardless, the above info covers the basic mass outline and you can format and add anything else from that general outline.  Any other information would be specific church requirements like @holyguacamole79 mentioned. 
  • Options
    Ok thanks, when we met with the priest he said I can forward him the program content and he will let me know if every looks accurate. I believe I am supposed to include all the music info in there as well. @caffarie and @holyguacamole79, thank you I will send you PMs!
  • Options
    @cafarrie, yep - our church music director was quite strict.  I've been to my fair share of Catholic weddings, too (I don't sing well), and I've noticed them in some, but definitely not all.  And I'm not used to a gathering hymn in addition to the bridal procesion & bridal party procession.   Oh well!
  • Options
    I got married in a Lutheran church and our minister had to agree to use our programs.  He had me make two additions and even then I could tell he wasn't thrilled.
  • Options
    Most parishes pay a subscription fee for permission to print music/lyrics. Part of the fee you pay for using the church goes to this. If you print words and music, you must use the permissions notice. If your parish has a hymnal and you are using songs from it, your program can simply cite the appropriate number. One other suggestion: if people will be singing any service music, Gloria, Alleluia, the responses to the Eucharistic Prayer, put the music in the program or indicate where it can be found in the hymnal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards