Honeymoon Discussions

July Honeymoon Ideas...?

Hello! FI and I are starting to looking into our honeymoon for next July!!! Wondering if anyone has some good ideas or suggestions of where we could go for 13days at the beginning of July 2015. We've been thinking Greece or Hawaii... But are unsure and looking for alternatives. We've been to a couple of the islands in Hawaii already and traveled a lot through the caribbean. We're just looking for something with guaranteed good weather (Hot) and a nice beach :). We'd be leaving from Toronto or Detroit airport, price depending... And aren't looking for a flight that's any longer than the Hawaii flight times (13-ish hours), as we just don't have long enough. Any and all suggestions are welcome :). TIA

Re: July Honeymoon Ideas...?

• What is your budget? Your money will go a bit further in the Caribbean and not as far in places like Greece or Tahiti, where it's high season and prices are at their peak.

• Alaska cruises are very popular in July.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Budget wise, no more than $10,000. That would be our absolute max I think. @CMGragain‌ we had actually looked into an Alaskan cruise but think we want a destination with a beach for this trip :)
  • Denmark?  Temperatures aren't as hot as the Mediterranean in July.  Lots of islands with pretty beaches.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We did 2 weeks for $10K, end of July/ beginning of August. Half was in Sicily and Venice, and half was on a Mediterranean cruise so lots of beaches there. It was hot for sure.
  • Thanks for the ideas!!
  • I think the Mediterranean is a good bet for July. It will be hot but you're pretty well guaranteed sun.

Greek islands, maybe southern Italy, or coastal Spain would be my suggestions, or Portugal if the budget is tighter. If you're going to do southern Europe, though, I'd stick with a beachy itinerary rather than touring cities or whatever, because it certainly is very, very warm. The only thing is that the water isn't really warm like you find in the Caribbean, so if you want water activities you might be disappointed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards