Georgia-Atlanta

Flexible In-Town ATL Venue for Brunch Wedding?

We are planning an adorkable fall '15 brunch wedding in Atlanta. Brunch is our favorite meal and we are both total foodies. We are considering Sun in My Belly (one of our favorite restaurants), but they may put us over our 15k budget. Alternatively, we'd do the rehearsal dinner at SIMB and bring catering in from our favorite ATL brunch spots (General Muir, Flying Biscuit), hire a server for the afternoon to refresh the bottomless mimosas, grit bar, or whatever else we come up with, and maybe add some fun local treats (King of Pops, maybe a food truck?). We are planning on about 100 guests and we'll probably do fun n' games (corn hole, board games, maybe even a poker tournament) instead of dancing. 

We have a "soft reservation" (no deposit or anything) at the Solarium in Oakhurst. It's a pretty great deal ($1200 for 8 hours including tables/chairs) and flexible enough to allow us to pull off what I've described above. It's got some quirks we aren't super sure about (no full kitchen or cooking inside, FI isn't crazy about the exposed ductwork), but I'm pretty much sold. I haven't come across many other affordable options in ATL that would work for us. The Trolley Barn and Piedmont Park seem like options, but might have too many restrictions (i.e. no children allowed to play on the lawn at the Trolley Barn?). Before I check off the venue box and go with the Solarium, I thought I'd see if anyone has other suggestions for a super flexible brunch wedding venue in Atlanta (inside the perimeter). Anyone in ATL consider the Solarium and end up going with another similar option? 

Re: Flexible In-Town ATL Venue for Brunch Wedding?

• If you haven't already, check out Heritage Sandy Springs and Mary Gay House.

We're doing an afternoon wedding at the Solarium with a similar budget. The caterers we interviewed told us that no cooking in the kitchen isn't a problem because they prepare everything at their location anyway. I also found a ton of ideas for decorating the beams and ductwork by googling Solarium wedding photos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We considered the Solarium ( I live super close) but ultimatly went with the Avondale Lake House. It was the same price for a Sunday wedding, but you do get it for the whole day and it has the beautiful scenery. Also, they were pretty flexible on the payments. It was only $500 down for the security deposit, then we could take our time making payments for the rental fee ($1200). BTW our wedding is Nov. 8th 2015. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards