November 2014 Weddings

Is there an appropriate time for Bride and Groom to leave the Reception?

smilyariessmilyaries member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2014 in November 2014 Weddings
Hey, I was wondering when is the appropriate time for Bride and Groom to leave the reception. Our reception is from 4-9 pm and my fiancé was thinking of leaving at 8pm because we are going to our honeymoon very early morning the next day. I know that the Bride and Groom are not the last people to leave. Cake cutting is around 7:45 pm and the last round of dancing is from 8-9pm. We called it La hora loca, or the crazy hour where they give out giveaways and props.

Re: Is there an appropriate time for Bride and Groom to leave the Reception?

• To me, leaving 1 hour before the reception is scheduled to end seems a little soon, but that's 4 hours into your reception. If you have something planned that someone else is in charge of, or if it's the norm for your family, then get out of there and spend some time with your new husband. If not, then I'd push it to 8:30...giving people 30 minutes to wind things down and leave.
  • Maybe I'm from a strange social group, but the Bride & Groom are usually some of the last to leave.

I would follow @April192002's advice- if that is the norm for your family, go for it; otherwise wait until 8:30 or so to leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was one of the last to leave.  The remaining people were hotel guests and we didn't have to be anywhere until the next day.  I even helped pack up a few things.  I left at midnight...

Im with the others on this one.  If it's expected, leave at 8:30 at the latest.  Enjoy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Our reception goes until 8:30 and we're planning to leave around 8:30 or 8:45.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Thank you so much, @April192002‌, @hikebikebemerry‌, @goldchocobo‌ and @phira‌. We will push it for 830. We have an early flight and I am sure we will be exhausted. My mom and my aunts will take care of everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards