October 2015 Weddings
Options

Favors

My relative originally offered to make wine as the favors for my wedding because he knows how much I loved that he did that at his wedding a few years ago. He bottled it, made labels, and even put ribbons on them to use as seating cards as well. That conversation took place about 6 months ago, but I haven't heard anything since then. I don't want to assume that he is definitely going to do this, and I certainly do not want to make him feel obligated! He would have to start it about 4 months in advance (that's the timeline that he likes to use). As a backup idea in case he ends up not making the wine, I was thinking about making apple pie moonshine and putting it into mason jars with ribbons around it and a label on top. What would you think of receiving this favor? Is it something that you would enjoy? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors

• Options
    Approach this as if you were buying these off of him, as a vendor. Say you'd really like to have the wine as favors and would like to know if you could hire him to provide these. He'll either say he can't make them, he'll make them for such and such price,  or confirm he'll make them as a gift to you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! We definitely plan on paying him for all of the supplies and everything, but I just didn't know if it was rude or not to bring it up. So thank you for letting me know it's not! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No I don't think it's rude at all to ask him what his plans are. Just tell him you're planning the fine details of your reception and wanted to know if he's still up for making the wine for you and that you'll pay him for all the supplies and how much you enjoyed it. You should be able to tell in his voice if he's up for it or feels obligated and can steer the conversation in the right direction. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks! I appreciate the advice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards