New York-Hudson Valley

Hello Ladies! ( The view on the hudson)

Hi am I am new to the boards and am looking to plan a wedding from Boca Raton Florida to somewhere in the Hudson Valley.  Right now My fiancé and I are interested in the View on the Hudson and was wondering if anyone has any info or reviews.  Also any other places to look as well  Thanks again!

Re: Hello Ladies! ( The view on the hudson)

• Are you planning on coming up to tour a few places?  

What's your budget?

What are you looking for in a venue?

Do you need hotel accommodations near by?

What month are you looking to get married?

I toured a few places in Northern Westchester/Lower hudson valley- and did a ton of research on almost every venue from westchester up.  

The only warning I will give you with The View on the Hudson is that they are building a new bridge to replace the Tappan Zee and the view might not be as beautiful as you see in the pictures. Construction is quite loud (although I'm not sure if this includes weekends).  If you are looking for a place on the Hudson- I would look north of there.  
  • HI!  We are looking for either July or early October.  I saw a ton of places 3 weeks ago when I came up for my engagement party but nothing was really wow for me. Except for the Crystal Plaza which was to expensive. They were all in NJ and Long Island  Our budget is no more than 165 per person all in.  We need to stay semi-close to NJ as most of the guests will be traveling from there.  I liked the idea of the view just because it was not that far away.  Yes we would need a hotel.  I would like somewhere that only does one wedding at a time.  Thank you for the advice about the bridge I had no idea about that.  I am coming back to look during thanksgiving  If you could share any of your info I would sooo appreciate it! thanks again for your detailed reply.
  • Check out the Nyack Seaport.
  • http://www.westchestermagazine.com/Marta_PDFs/WhereToWed_2013.pdf

That list should come in handy while researching.  I know of some great locations but they are across the river, and farther north.  That list was a lifesaver for us, and the rates are about the same (I found them to be exact when I started my search)

Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions about vendors! I know of some fantastic vendors in NJ/NY area.
  • I was married at the view. I loved it!! I worked with Howard who can be a bit much, but in the end everything was perfect. The ballroom is perfect without the stuffy feel, and the ballroom with the windows and the view is amazing. So much included with a great price.
  • thank you for the list!!  I cant wait to check it out when I come up for thanksgiving !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards