Snarky Brides

Ok, I am going to bawl now....

Finally got to finishing my bouquet. Then opened the box my maternal grandmother said to open last.

It has 3 of her mother's suffrage pins, a ribbon Grandma made in the purple/white/yellow to go around, Grandma's charm from when she first voted, and a four way locket with pictures of Great Grandma, Grandma, Mom and me on our first election day. Then a charm from the states Grandma and I attended DNC in.

Don't mind me sniffling in the corner.

Re: Ok, I am going to bawl now....

• That is incredibly lovely. I will sniffle with you.
  • @ohannabelle‌ - Thanks! I always love your advice, so your comment was icing on my pretty bouquet. These aren't the best pins - but I wouldn't dare use those. These can handle another scuff or broken clasp. The ribbon is gorgeous, the original is in fragile shape but Grandma took it with her to buy ribbon. It's now the bouquet collar and stem wrap on mine and a pretty bow on MOH's bouquet. The charms and locket were easy to sew firmly in place. And now I have the best memories of my mom with me. Now I get why Grandma wanted me to open her present early.

Now all I need to do is figure out what to eat that day. Besides Tums and Ativan. Stupid anxiety. I know we have everything under control. We have contingencies built in. Everyone is looking forward to our wedding. But my stupid, rotten anxiety keeps poking me. Which is why I'm awake at 2:13 am when I need to be up by 7:30.

7 days, 16 hours and some 15 minutes left.
  • @ohannabelle‌ I tried a relaxation DVD thing that usually knocks me out in no time. Plus 200 mg of Benadryl (per doctor, I'm not trying to overdose) because I got into something itchy and have red bumps on my upper legs. Plus no caffeine since 9 am. Still not able to sleep. 3:19 am. This sucks.
  • I said "oh, shut up" out loud when I read what she gave you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That is incredibly awesome!  You have an awesome Grandmother and incredible lineage who had to do a lot of fighting for the right to vote. I seriously have goosebumps just reading this!
  • That's really moving. Thanks for sharing. Just emphasizes that those times are not as far away as it may seem... 

This makes me feel all tingly inside since mid-term elections are in the next couple weeks. I will be voting.

Oh, and HAVE FUN this weekend!!!!! :)
    *********************************************************************************

• That is so awesome. I love it. 
  • What a lovely present! Something to pass on if you have a DD of your own one day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is one of the most amazingly cool gifts ever. My feminist heart fluttered at the suffrage pin.
    What a wonderful gran you have! I'd be just as touched!

DANG that is awesome!! Keep it well! :D
  • Your Grandma sounds like an awesome lady.
  • That is so sweet and awesome! Practically tearing up just reading about it.
  • Amazing story and such strong women in your family!
  • Wow! What a beautiful and meaningful gift.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards