Nevada-Las Vegas

Lots of checks....5 months away!

This board has been amazing! I have gotten so many checks done and now I feel not so stressed with 5 months still to go. 

1. Platinum Hotel all booked (DJ/Videography - All Night Long, Linens/Candles - Jovani, Officiant - Elegant Vegas Weddings)
2. Flowers came from China and my sister is making the bouquets and boutonnieres tomorrow
3. Bought main centerpieces from Craigslist 
4. Sin City Entertainment booked
5. Transportation booked
6. Tuxes rented
7. Wedding shoes and bouquet wrapper done
8. Welcome bags determined (now I have to get all the stuff and make them)

Best part, RSVPs have started to come in! I am finally excited to check the mail and see stuff other than junk flyers! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lots of checks....5 months away!

• Those little trees look pretty cool.  

We are a little less than 2 months out and we are almost done.  Fiance got his tux made and picked it up Tuesday.  I get my dress on Sunday.  Caterer for our cocktail hour is almost done.  

We just have to figure out what the heck we are doing for dinner since they keep changing prices.
  • I'm 6 months out come the 13th and I'm so far behind. I haven't booked a single thing. I go in December for a trip to check out venues. I think once I can see them I'll actually start making some decisions.  It's getting so close!!!
  • Good checks to have! I am just over three months out and have a lot checked off but a lot to go too. I feel like many things are hurry up and wait, but what a nice feeling to tick those boxes. Keep it up!
  • Where did you go for tux rentals??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I ended up at MW.  Pretty damn expensive but the infinite locations was the closer in my decision making process (pick up in LA drop off in LV)
  • I got mine from Mr. Formal. We are picking them up the Tuesday before the wedding and my mom will drop them off on Sunday for us. We were going to buy them as we have an awesome place here in Phoenix but I found this one tux and I can't get it out of my head so we are going that route. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I ended up at MW.  Pretty damn expensive but the infinite locations was the closer in my decision making process (pick up in LA drop off in LV)
    Really expensive? If you don't mind my asking, how much were your tuxes? We're only renting 3, but still. FI was going to go there as well, to get fitted and all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hmgiffor said:
    I got mine from Mr. Formal. We are picking them up the Tuesday before the wedding and my mom will drop them off on Sunday for us. We were going to buy them as we have an awesome place here in Phoenix but I found this one tux and I can't get it out of my head so we are going that route. 
    Is that in Vegas? Curious about pricing for a tux. Our venue has a contract with some tux place (not sure which one) that offers a tux rental for $105. Not sure if that is standard or what. (Never rented a tux before.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Really expensive? If you don't mind my asking, how much were your tuxes? We're only renting 3, but still. FI was going to go there as well, to get fitted and all.

I think the base price was a whopping $220 but the guy applied a $50 coupon per res.  

There are cheaper suits ($100-$150) but I could not agree with the styling.  There were only 2 choices for grey. 
  • I really wanted a charcoal grey and that is hard to find (most are lighter grey) so ours total are $189.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2014
    yep, I got the vera wang grey and it was ~180 OTD.  Not sure if it's charcoal but it's definitely not light.
  • Groomzilla, you guys are probably gearing up to go pretty soon right?  I think you are a week or two before us.  

Our pile of stuff to take is slowly growing.  We just ordered our guestbook yesterday (and a whole bunch of other junk). 
  • Oh the Vera is SHARP! That was my first choice until I found one that had a light pinstripe. I actually think it has been harder to find "the perfect" suit than it was to find mine and my girls' dress haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yep, I got the vera wang grey and it was ~180 OTD.  Not sure if it's charcoal but it's definitely not light.
    I saw that one, VERY nice. Thank you for letting me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good checks! I have less time than you, and much less done!

You said you are getting RSVPs, when did you send out invitations? I've sent save the dates, but not invites yet. Still debating when is best for my mid-March wedding.

• I sent my save-the-dates out about 11months out and send out the invites a few weeks ago. All of our guests are traveling so I wanted them to have the info as early as possible to make arrangements. I have an RSVP deadline of Jan 11th so I have time to follow-up about hotels/arrivals for welcome bags and can finalize plans like seating, meet/greet and a few other thing. I didn't want to get them in March and then have to scramble.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Friar Tux shop - way better selection than Men's Warehouse and much better pricing. Charcoal grey - OTD $160
  • edited November 2014
    Groomzilla, you guys are probably gearing up to go pretty soon right?  I think you are a week or two before us.  

Our pile of stuff to take is slowly growing.  We just ordered our guestbook yesterday (and a whole bunch of other junk). 
    our final 4 week out deposit for Aria is due on Friday.  This has been the most stressful thing I have ever endured. 

And to think, I originally picked Vegas because it would be "easier"

Guess I'll be the first of the bunch to review the panny 1BR sky suite ^_^
  • Looking forward to that review.  All we have left to do is pay masterpiece for catering then figure out what we are doing for dinner.  

I hope you guys like the panoramic suite.  We may see if we can bat our puppy dog eyes and get upgraded, but I think that will be virtually impossible.  
  • I used Friar Tux shop - way better selection than Men's Warehouse and much better pricing. Charcoal grey - OTD $160

@nyvegaslove was this shop in vegas?   i'm also on the look for a good suit hire shop!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards