Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hey Ladies! Just an intro

A year ago I was engaged and wedding planning. My FI and I broke up shortly after the engagement and so I had to say "goodbye" to TK. I miss it so much and now that I am healed, happy, and in a new loving relationship I thought I would come back and this seems like the perfect board for me! My new guy and I are not wedding planning at all, or looking to be engaged any time soon. We are enjoying this new stage and having fun just being together. 

Screen Name: LifeIsAJourney 
Significant Other's Age: 27
What You Do: I teach high school English 
What SO Does: A counselor at a group-home for troubled youth
State of Relationship: New and fun. He is an amazing guy and I am very happy
How Long You've Been Together: 1 month
How You Met: We actually met online through a dating website called "Plenty of Fish" go figure lol. 
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged or even talking about that yet. Just enjoying what we have for now.
Real Babies: I have a two year old son. 
Fur Babies: none
Loves: Reading, reality tv, spa trips, the beach.
Hates: Negative people, Wednesdays, and black eye peas. 
Pet Peeves: tapping. I hate being tapped or when people tap on desks. ANNOYING!!!!!
Hobbies/Activities: Meditation and reading.
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He just wants to make my life better. Every day he tries his best to help me and put a smile on my face in any way possible. If it’s doing the dishes, running an errand or sending me flowers at work, he's always looking for ways to make me happier. 
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His career is unstable right now and he is still trying to pin down what he wants to do with his life. Some days he wants to pursue a career in teaching, some days he wants to be a police officer, yesterday he mentioned the military. His lack of a vision drives me crazy because I'm very goal oriented, but I know he will figure it out soon.
Describe Your Personality: Direct, honest, loving, sarcastic.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): about a 9 lol.
I've Been On TK Since: Before I got engaged to my Ex. But U left for a while after my break up.
How You Came to Be On TK: Was previously engaged and I love everything wedding.
How I like my potatoes: Fried! Im such a fool for french fries. 

Favorite book/author: I love to read Young Adult Fiction because I teach teenagers I try to read what they are reading. Right now I'm reading "Looking for Alaska" by John Green.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am the happiest I've ever been in my adult life. This may sound crazy but I'm so thankful for the breakup between my Ex Fi and I. It made me so much stronger and I learned so many valuable lessons. During that time of grief I discovered meditation which has saved my life. I realize now that simply stopping, breathing, and living in the moment can truly bring so much peace. I also realize now that happiness is an inside job, that it's nobody's job (not even you SO) to make you happy. My happiness is mine to choose. Nobody can give it to me, or take it from me. They can contribute to my happiness but they cant "make me" happy. That knowledge has changed my life. 

Re: Hey Ladies! Just an intro

• Options
    Welcome! That's great to hear you're in a much better place now and so happy!

• Options
    hello, and welcome!!  are you in the USA or Canada or somewhere else?

favorite comfort food?
    favorite holiday?
    favorite outfit (the one that makes you feel like you look GOOD)?
  • Options

Hi and welcome!

Do you like wine?

What would you do if you won the lottery?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hello there! Welcome!

What's the last book you read and loved?
    What are your favorite TV shows?
    What's your favorite holiday?

• Options

Welcome-

What has been your favorite vacation?

Anniversary

• Options
    Im in the USA, Georgia to be exact. I was born and raised on the West Coast (California and Las Vegas I moved to Georgia to go to college and fell in love with the country

My favorite comfort food is cheesecake. Chocolate cheesecake to be exact

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love to eat and I love getting together with family

My favorite outfit is a sexy black dress and heels. You cant go wrong with a black dress 

Of course I love wine! Who doesnt?! The sad thing is that I only drink cheep wine lol. I dont know the art of wine tasting and selection. Barefoot Moscato and Sutter Homes sweet red are my go to wine choices. 

If I won the lottery I would take all of my friends and family on an all expenses paid vacation. Somewhere tropical and fun. I would also pay off all my debt and buy a big house in the country. I would probably still work in education. Not as a classroom teacher though, my dream job is to be a teacher trainer and help struggling teachers to improve 

Fav TV Show: Scandal for sure. I also love reality tv

Fav Vacay: I recently went on a last  minute trip with my girlfriends to Jacksonville, FL and we had a ball. It was nothing fancy. Just a nice hotel, lots of alcohol, good food and the beach but we had an amazing time.

• Options
    Welcome glad you're in a better place now!

What's your favorite dessert?

Cutest thing your son does?
  • Options
    Hi @lifeisajourney! Your story is slightly similar to mine. I'm glad that although your relationship ended you grew from the change. I had to learn that my happiness could not come from others, which was really difficult because I am always one that "serves" and when someone is not happy I'm not happy. Very unhealthy. But thankfully I worked on that with my past counselor and am working on it with my new therapist.

Question about the meditation: Do you take courses or did you read and research most of it?

I like to think I am a french fry fiend myself. So tell us, McDonalds or Burger King?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! What's the best book you've ever read?
  • Options
    @lifeisajourney myself and @LaPeanut1018 are in Georgia as well. We are in the suburbs of ATL. What part are you in if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Question about the meditation: Do you take courses or did you read and research most of it?

I like to think I am a french fry fiend myself. So tell us, McDonalds or Burger King?
    I read about meditation every chance I get. I also have a few apps on my phone that have helped me. (My favorite one is called Omvana in case you want to check it out) When I was in therapy after my breakup my therapist introduced me to guided meditation and I've been just working on getting better at it ever since.

McDonalds French Fries but burger king burgers (I'm ashamed to admit that at times I've gone to burger king for a whopper, mcdonalds for fries, and chic-fil-a for a lemonade all for the same meal) 
  • Options
    @lifeisajourney myself and @LaPeanut1018 are in Georgia as well. We are in the suburbs of ATL. What part are you in if you don't mind me asking?
    My mother lives in Marietta so i go to Atlanta a few times a month but I live in the country lol. In a very small town you've probably never heard of called Warner Robins. It's considered middle GA. 
  • Options
    Yay! I love Scandal too. Thursday nights are Shonda Rhimes nights as far as I'm concerned. Have you watched How To Get Away With Murder?

• Options
    @swazzle I just cant get into How To Get Away With Murder. I have tried and tried but I just dont like it. Its boring to me. 
  • Options
    @lifeisajourney -I've actually heard of Warner Robins but it was a long time ago, I met some girls at a competition I was competing in and they were from Warner Robins. I've never been though. I actually used to live really close to Marietta when I was in college. Then I moved more towards North Georgia once I got married.
  • Options
    I'm reading Looking for Alaska right now too! Book twins! :)

• Options

My BF's sister works at one of those homes like your BF works at. Everyone is trying to get her to quit because she'll come home with black eyes. Your BF is an insanely great person for taking on that kind of work.

So how is it teaching high schoolers? English in particular! I slept through so much of high school English, haha. It's so much easier to enjoy books when you get to choose them yourself.

• Options

I read about meditation every chance I get. I also have a few apps on my phone that have helped me. (My favorite one is called Omvana in case you want to check it out) When I was in therapy after my breakup my therapist introduced me to guided meditation and I've been just working on getting better at it ever since.

McDonalds French Fries but burger king burgers (I'm ashamed to admit that at times I've gone to burger king for a whopper, mcdonalds for fries, and chic-fil-a for a lemonade all for the same meal) 
    I am going to have to check that out. I am a very high strung person and my past counselors have recommended meditation and have been meaning to look into it. I am glad that it is working for you!

Don't be ashamed or I will have to because I have done that as well. Burger king for the whopper (I like the sauce better than the sandwich used at McDonald's), Mcdonald's fries (hello large!), and Arby's for their coffee shake. Yum yum yum. Sometimes I like to spice it up and throw taco bell in there.
  • Options

How I like my potatoes: Fried! Im such a fool for french fries. 

I think we're really going to like each other :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards