Not Engaged Yet
Options

WR Dreams

I had an interesting one last night. It was the day of the wedding, which was taking place in my backyard. It was already about 12pm - and I knew some people would start arriving as early as 3pm. I had a some fake flowers on a folding table, because I was planning on making all of the bouquets and boutonnieres myself with a mix of fake and real flowers, BUT the real flowers weren't due to arrive until minutes before the ceremony - so I was panicking.

I told FI he had to call the caterer to request they bring sternos and racks for the food trays, because we hadn't planned out how to serve it at all. I also hadn't even SHOWERED yet, and I kept thinking "Shit! I need to at least start getting ready!" Absolutely nothing was set up, and I didn't know if we had figured out who was handling the music.

All in all, it was a mess.

Anyone else have any interesting/terrifying/hilarious wedding or engagement - related dreams lately?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR Dreams

• Options
    Though my wedding is over - my worst one was:
    I was shipping down my dress to Florida.  My dream was that the dress arrived in the shop and they put it in the back to steam it.  In my dream there was only a curtain that blocked the back from the actual shop, so another bride came in and saw my dress and wanted it and they sold it to her and they were basically saying about how I wasn't one of 'Their' brides and they had to make 'their customers' happy and if that dress did, they would sell it to her and just have me pick one of their gowns (in my dream all their gowns were torn and tattered samples).

Thankfully that did not happen but it was not a good dream!!

Anniversary
  • Options

I had a dream a few weeks ago about my sister getting married. In my dream she and her BF got married without telling me or my parents that it was happening. I found out when she changed her Facebook status to "Married" and I was all excited until I realize what was going on and then I was PISSED. My parents didn't seem to care, they were all "It's her day, it's fine, we don't need to be there". I went to the banquet hall where their reception was and was trying to find them, except there were HUNDREDS of wedding receptions happening at the same time and it was packed full of people and food and all these girls in white dresses who were not my sister. The other brides and all of the bridesmaids from various weddings kept shooting me dirty looks.

I texted my sister about it the next day. Her response was that, the same night, she'd had a dream about MY wedding! In her dream I moved my wedding date up without telling anyone, and I put her in a hideous BM dress and wouldn't let her wear any make up lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Imcooper86 - That's funny you both had dreams about each other's weddings!

I luckily haven't had any lately.  I used to get them about once a month back when we were still engaged.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    My worst wedding dream was similar to the Friends episode The One Where Nobody is getting ready. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @WildMagelet - It's even funnier since she isn't engaged yet! We had a good laugh about the whole thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My scariest WR dream before I got married was similar to yours! It was taking place in the backyard of my old house in Delaware and nothing was set up and the caterer hadn't arrived yet. I called to see where they were and they knew nothing about my wedding so there was about to be no food or drinks. I remember running down the street but I have no idea where I thought I was going. It was terrifying.

• Options
    I haven't had any recently, but I did have one a while ago that I got extensions in my hair, and when I washed my head, they turned black, and we couldn't get them out. 

So I had someone stand in for me at the alter (!?!?!?) and the thing that I was most upset about was that she was wearing a forehead headband. I wasn't upset that I had to have someone stand up for me, but that she was wearing one of these:

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I had a bunch of weird wedding dreams. Most of them consisted of either myself forgetting things, vendors not showing, last minute changes, etc... They were super weird and stressed me out. Luckily those don't happen much anymore. I had a few while @LaPeanut1018 was planning, mainly about things I would plan for her shower or bachelorette.
  • Options
    I had a bunch of WR dreams and I'm still having them but they all revolve around my pictures.

In my most recent dream I dreamt that our photos came out bad so our photographer wanted to redo the shoot with just the two of us. She had arranged to have my hair and make up done again and rented a tux for H and everything. She basically said the photos we got weren't up to her standards and she wanted better ones. It was pretty bizarre.

I had a few dreams before the wedding but not as many as I expected. One of my most memorable was where I dreamt it was the wedding day and people were showing up with their RSVPs in hand to say "Oh btw we're here for the wedding" because they didn't realize they were supposed to mail in their RSVPs. It was extremely frustrating and annoying. I also had a dream that it was the day of the wedding and I went to put on my dress and found a huge tear in it and it was stained all over. I was so upset but in the dream I finally told myself that the more important thing was that I was getting married and it didn't matter if I got married in a dress or jeans and a tshirt.

• Options
    I think the worst dream I had was the one where our piano player couldn't come and sent two seven-year-old first-year piano students in her place. And my mom said my wedding dress didn't look right even though I loved it so I had to get married in jeans and this really ugly, really baggy blue sweater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards