Nevada-Las Vegas

Welcome bags at multiple hotels

Not surprisingly, many of my guests are staying at the two hotels (within the same complex at Mandalay Bay) where we have a room block, and many others are choosing to stay elsewhere.

I'm realizing that getting welcome bags to our guests is going to be a challenge, likely requiring asking everyone where they are staying and when they are arriving.

For those who have faced this or are anticipating the same thing, any tips on how to manage the process efficiently?

We will be shipping the gift bags and items to our hotel and assembling on site, then dropping them off (and paying assorted fees) at the hotels. I really hope we don't wind up needing to go to like ten properties!

Re: Welcome bags at multiple hotels

• Are you having a meet and greet?  If so I would hand them out there. 
  • Are you having a meet and greet?  If so I would hand them out there. 

I was going to suggest the same.
  • We are having one the night prior, but not all of our guests will be in town at that point. We anticipate maybe half of the expected 50 guests to be at the meet and greet.

It is an option, but my thought is it may be difficult to manage who attends and gets a bag bs who doesn't and then where we need to deliver them. We are not doing an RSVP for the welcome reception, so it will be a bit up in the air.

Complicated!
  • I'm curious what others are doing as well. I planned on calling all our guests (we will have about 50 and most are couples) and asking which hotel and when they are arriving. Sounds tedious but I am splitting up the list so my mom calls my family, his mom calls his family and we will call our friends. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is why I'm not doing them. I don't think using a day of my very limited vacation to deal with this is worth it, personally. Some of my guests are arriving days before we are, on top of that, so it just seems like a logistical nightmare.

We'll only have about 20 guests/10 rooms (spread absolutely everywhere) so I'm considering having chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to everyone's rooms, but I don't even know if that's necessary either...

As a caveat, though, my guests have been to Vegas before.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a list of where all my guest were staying & when they where arriving. I dropped them all off at the bell desks.I also had a car to get around town with. I did have about  5 different hotels to go to. Most guest where staying where we got married so, it wasn't hard.  All of my guest got them no problem
    Anniversary
  • I put it on the RSVP cards... to ask where they are staying and when they are arriving. Hopefully that will help us organize a plan.  I had a friend do this recently for her wedding and it worked out great! 
    RSVP.PNG 119.1K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great idea! I wish I would have done that :)  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since we only have about 20 people, we just asked where they would be and what date they would get there.  If anybody was thinking about staying on the other side of the strip, we wanted to make sure we could tell them they would be far away.  We also needed to know when they were arriving to get a count for the pre-wedding events.  We will probably have a few mass texts going out a couple days prior.
  • We asked where everyone was staying and when everyone arrived too. Pretty much everyone was staying at our hotel and arriving the same day as us, so we handed them out after the Welcome bus tour. I had to drop one lot at The Venetian and pay $3 per bag to have them delivered. But that was it. Oh, one lot got in the day before the wedding and were staying off the Strip... so I jut handed theirs over at the reception!!! They didn't mind.

I like the thought of them being on the bed when they check-in to their room... but reality is that rooms are usually assigned on check-in so that's not possible. And paying $3 per bag to have them delivered adds up when you have 30 bags!

• I think it really depends on how manageable the size of your wedding group is. Our TOP lesson learned from 1 month ago with our 70 guest wedding was to not do welcome bags. It was a huge pain. 
    We shipped out a few boxes to Vegas that contained a lot of the components. Both the Wynn & Treasure Island charge a supplemental ~$30 per box (3 or 4 boxes) so we decided to avoid those fees and just ship to a 24 hour FedEx store for free pick up. We spent out first evening in Vegas driving to Target (to get water bottles & the final few Welcome bag items), to Garrets Popcorn, & then building the 40 bags. It took up all of our first night in Vegas. Then the next day we had to pay for the 10 Wynn bags to be distributed, then had to haul 20 bags to Treasure Island and pay them to be distributed, then we dropped off a few individual bags at other hotels, and saved the remaining bags and had to haul them to the Welcome dinner. A few guests didn't make it to the welcome dinner so we had to bring those back to our hotel room. 

The bags were cute guests enjoyed them, but if we had to do it all over for 40+ rooms we would do something lower stress. 
  • Hmmm maybe I'll go the rosebubbly route and do something more simple. Right now I feel like we have 20 things in the bag. I guess the positive note is my mom and her husband are driving to Vegas so we will be able to assemble them ahead of time and they can bring them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If I were to have had a car in vegas I probably would have done welcome bags
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards