New Jersey

Rehersal around West Orange

I am getting married on the Sunday of Memorial day weekend and we are rehearsing on the Saturday night. What Byob restaurants do you recommend in that area that take reservations? We will be about 35ppl. I also have thought about having it at our house. What are your thoughts.

Re: Rehersal around West Orange

• I'm not sure if they're BYOB, but Bella Gente in Verona has a private party space. My cousin did his rehearsal dinner there.

We had ours at Primavera restaurant in West Orange at the Wilshire Grand Hotel. It wasn't BYOB but they also had private spaces and we got a lot of food for the price. They have different options for the bar if you're looking to save money (wine only, wine and beer, etc.)

If you have it at your house, Frank Anthony's in Verona and Forte in West Caldwell both cater. I think Toast in Montclair also caters, if you're not looking for Italian. There are lots of restaurants in Montlcair that are BYOB that may also work with you, depending on what you're looking for and your price point.
  • That was super helpful! I'll look at the welshire grande! I actually checked out bella gente but it looked kind of dirty to us.
  • I ended up booking at cucina calandras on rt 46 in Fairfield.
  • For the record, Belle Gente is beautiful! The private space was spacious and beautiful, staff was attentive and food was amazing. Which says a lot coming from a family of food critics! Pricing was more than reasonable in case anyone else is interested. It is BYOB, fyi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards