Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Typical Wedding Program?

So I'm at the point of making my wedding program. 
What typically goes into one? I've seen templates saying just to include who is in the bridal party, and give a quick run down of the ceremony.

Also we're a bit stumped for the parents part.
My FI's parent's are divorced. His father is remarried, so would we include his step mother in the parent's section? We're really close to her, so I'd feel bad if we didn't have her name there.
Also, my mother passed away years ago. Would I put her name on normally or say something like "In loving memory..."?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Typical Wedding Program?

• Options

I am not sure if this is what is typical or not but I have always seen the bridal party, parents, and then if anything is unusual about the ceremony.

For your FI's parents I would like it as:

Mr. and Mrs. [FI's dad's first name][FI's dad's last name]

Mrs. FI's mother

Your dad?

I think it is acceptable to include in loving memory on the program. It is not so in your face that it will create a sad atmosphere, but you are still able to remember your mom.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is typical and we didn't have programs, but I think it would work just fine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't think there is a "typical" program. I can't believe I'm saying this, but look around Pinterest for fun ideas.  

I had a one page program. We listed the order of ceremony on the front and on the back, very simply listed "wedding party" and all the names without any classifications. I'm not a fan of listing people like actors in a play, personally.  

• Options
    We included the parents the bridal party, the name of the musician and the officiant, and a rundown of the ceremony.

My husband's mother died three years ago. I looked up MANY MANY programs online, consulted etiquette guides and the like, and finally settled on "Dr. Husband's Father and the late Mrs. Husband's Mother." We had a small flower arrangement in her memory next to our guest book, so there was also a note along the lines of "The flowers on the guest book table are placed in loving memory of Mrs. Husband's Mother."

We also included a short thank you to our families and guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards