Wedding Woes
Options

The Mr. helped someone get arrested yesterday

people who get on public transp. put their bikes on the bike rack.

He was on campus and people came w/ bikes, and one straggler came and added his bike--a fancypants expensive one that was rather distinctive..
Straggler took a seat and one of the other bike-riders came up and said "hey, this is weird, but that last bike?  it was stolen this week.  See, here's my phone--and buddy's facebook post with a picture"

The Mr. said OK, he'd do what he could, and tried to be discreet as he radioed for the dispatchers to have the cops meet him at a certain intersection, and assured them he needed cops but it was *NOT* a safety issue.

He pulled over and gave a bullshit excuse for why they were waiting for a repair person/supervisor from dispatch, and straggler was apparently not listening to the radio conversation and stayed there...cops came, the Mr. and the guy w/ the phone and he explained it.  Since university bikes are licensed (the licenses do NOT peel off easily), they were able to confirm it was stolen, they dragged away the straggler guy and his backpack full of small electronics that he somehow had.

honest people in the world FTW. 

Re: The Mr. helped someone get arrested yesterday

• Options
    NICE.  I hate bicycle stealers with a passion. Those suckers can be really expensive and not much in the way of insurance covers them.
  • Options
    nice! I'm glad your H was able to help the owner get his bike back. 

I have a friend who is a competitive triathlete, and she had her super expensive bike stolen from her car rack after a race. Other local riders found the thief's Craigslist ad selling her bike and were trying to help her get it back. Despite having all of this info, the cops did nothing to help her because the thief was in a different jurisdiction (I don't know if it was a question of priority, politics, are a mix of the two). She was going to arrange for a "trial ride" and essentially steal it back, but figured this might be too dangerous, so she had to suck it up and just buy a new bike. 
  • Options
    Nice job Mr GB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards